Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It Is Finally Over Bva Granted My Appeal

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

for all of you regulars you know what I have been fighting and how long I have been fighting it. I got the letter from the BVA today they granted my appeal on Hypertension and Coronary Artery Disease secondary to PTSD.

They took exception to note that Dr Boscarino's study warranted inclusion the the Federal register, and also my IMO from DR James Ketchum the retired Colonel from Edgewood Arsenal and the Judge noted that I had been a test subject at Edgewood and that DR Ketchum accepted DR Boscarino's study as being a logical scientific study and that it was more plausible than my exposures to chemicals and drugs during the Cold War human experimentation.

Since my PTSD was awarded back to Dec 2003 and I started the claim on my heart disease in Nov 2002 I am sure they will only give me back pay to Dec 2003

but I am happy now if I have a heart attack and die they hace to give my wife and son benefits. YES

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

TestVet,

I don't know your saga very well, but... I would like to congradulate you on a job well done... I can't imagine the feeling, and hope to one day feel the same joy of getting benefits due.. Like everyone else has been saying, sit back and enjoy it for a bit, and take it all in. Hopefully your through with the VA now, and can move on(hopefully you'll stick around here though, cause someone with a lengthy claim such as yours has to have some great knowledge to share).

Tyler

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Stretch. I'll look at that this evening. I appreciate it. ~Wings

• HadIt.com Elder

WTG, testVet, you have fought a long fight, now your case may help others that were used by the Government.

Hello TestVet.....yes God Bless you for your endeavors and tenacity. Your battle went well and it shows just how important a lawyer is in most veterans situations. That and the fact you had some ironclad evidence, pulled the Benefit of a Doubt rule to your side of the scales. This should cause your blood pressure to be a little better and those nights hitting the pillow a little nicer in the sleep department. I really appreciate you sharing some of your work and I too am dealing with some exposure problems. I am hoping that I won't have to fight them for 5 or 6 years , but it may. Once again Happy Resurrection Sunday and Congratulations to you with your great victory. It proves to all of us at Hadit that each Veteran needs to remember to.........NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.