Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

It Is Finally Over Bva Granted My Appeal

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

for all of you regulars you know what I have been fighting and how long I have been fighting it. I got the letter from the BVA today they granted my appeal on Hypertension and Coronary Artery Disease secondary to PTSD.

They took exception to note that Dr Boscarino's study warranted inclusion the the Federal register, and also my IMO from DR James Ketchum the retired Colonel from Edgewood Arsenal and the Judge noted that I had been a test subject at Edgewood and that DR Ketchum accepted DR Boscarino's study as being a logical scientific study and that it was more plausible than my exposures to chemicals and drugs during the Cold War human experimentation.

Since my PTSD was awarded back to Dec 2003 and I started the claim on my heart disease in Nov 2002 I am sure they will only give me back pay to Dec 2003

but I am happy now if I have a heart attack and die they hace to give my wife and son benefits. YES

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• In Memoriam

Yoggie2,

Many of us were on the old board before this one. Some have been here longer than the old board. So it is even further back than 05.

Wing,

You are so welcome. You have helped me so much.

• HadIt.com Elder
TestVet

Are you going for housebound? I think you now have the ammuntion.

I am going for it all John the house grant and the auto mortgage insurance etc I found Hadit in Oct 2002 or Nov 2002 when the VA first told me I was disabled and started looking for information after I first learned about the "real mess at Edgewood Arsenal" during the 20 year human experimentation program I was a damn mess couldn't sleep etc I crashed hard mentally and ended up at Mental health begging for help it took them to May 2003 before they diagnosed PTSD they had me see a 3 doctor team and they had me do a lot of tests over and over again MMPI and some other ones 500 questions, 300 questions etc, then a year later I located the general court martials of the 4 men prosecuted for beating and kicking me unconcious in Feb 1975 at Fort Wainwrigt after they robbed me it was 20 below zero, there were 7 men in all but they made deals with 3 of them to testify against the other 4 then the 3 witnesses were given Field grade Aticle 15s and reduced to E1 and then BCD's the 4 court martialed men were sentenced to 15 years each for atttempted murder and robbery.

But the RO did NOT want to address the medical problems connected to the exposures at Edgewood, the BVA addressed them in the award letter today though, I am 100% for PTSD, they did that in 2 stages first they gave me 50% in May 2005 I appealed it the next day because they low balled me and still denied the heart issues and some other stuff, a year later after I contacted then VA Chairman larry Craig and VP Cheney about the mess, the the VA Director of C&P Renee Szybala got caught outright lying to myself and Larry Craig she said I was never used in any human experiments and there for none of my issues could possibly be blamed on edgewood she claimed my records showed I was sent back to Fort Lewis on 10 July 1974, my records plainly show I was at EA from June 25, 1974 until August 22, 1974 the entire 60 day TDY period.

I should get 100% due to the severity of my heart disease and I have no idea what they will award for hypertension that the BVA Judge granted. I want to let them get this award straightened out before I submit the forms for the auto and house allowance and the K award etc

Should I also file for the Housebound or A&A when I file for the K award? Or should they due it when they get the letter fromthe BVA?

Thank you everyone for your well wishes

• HadIt.com Elder

Test:

Congrats and you are a Veteran to be admired/ You never gave up and have been an inspiration to many others.

• HadIt.com Elder
Test:

Congrats and you are a Veteran to be admired/ You never gave up and have been an inspiration to many others.

Thank you Pete I had time I had plenty of time I am glad I lived long enough to see this day

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very interesting as to Dr. Boscarini- Mike-I am familiar with the study you used-

it seems they can ignore our printouts of bonafide medical studies but if a real doctor uses one-this can become the basis for an Award!!!!!!!!

This is great! They better give you SMC "S" and then look over 38 USC 1114 to see if your medical evidence warrants any other SMC level.

Most higher levels of SMC involve loss of or loss if use of-still- with the CAD SCED finally-God forbid you should die but the wife will have a better chance to get DIC.

This is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they even will give the correct amount of retro!!!!! if not-you can fight for that.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very interesting as to Dr. Boscarini- Mike-I am familiar with the study you used-

it seems they can ignore our printouts of bonafide medical studies but if a real doctor uses one-this can become the basis for an Award!!!!!!!!

This is great! They better give you SMC "S" and then look over 38 USC 1114 to see if your medical evidence warrants any other SMC level.

Most higher levels of SMC involve loss of or loss if use of-still- with the CAD SCED finally-God forbid you should die but the wife will have a better chance to get DIC.

This is WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they even will give the correct amount of retro!!!!! if not-you can fight for that.