Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Going Awol

Rate this question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

To All, I will be off the board for qwhile, the new drugs VA and civilian MD have prescribed are doing me in, I need a rest and some help. I am going to the VA ER and will get myself admitted to the psych ward for some help, the side affects are to much for me to deal with, the worst of the side effects is causing me to have suicidial ideation, and I feel drunk, tipsy, confused and just plain do not give a damn. I will be back when I get over this.

John V

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Glad to hear you're checking yourself in. I hope you get it turned around quickly and suitable meds for your condition.

Take it easy now! :)

• HadIt.com Elder

Brother, do what it takes to clear your head. Meds can have a bad effect.

Hope all goes well.

John

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

John, Get some rest, some help. We'll be here. I'll give you a phone call. Love, ~Wings

USAF 1980-1986, 70% SC PTSD, 100% TDIU (P&T)

Hello John, Thank you for your service and please try to remember that you obviously have a lot of people , friends and family who care about you. I would also hope that you go ahead and get that rest and some help. John , I am reminded that sometimes we can see others that go thru the fire and having great problems in their lives, whether many years ago or in todays world. I am also reminded that those people long ago in Genesis and other places in the Bible had their troubles and problems. We can also see this amazing statement found in the King James Bible, Genesis 6:1, Genesis 7: 10, Genesis 8:13, and over 300 times in the Bible..........."AND IT CAME TO PASS" , or "IT CAME TO PASS". John if I could be a blessing to you today, it would be that what is going on right now in your life "will come to pass". It may not be nice right now, but I believe that when you go thru this , you will be stronger and wiser and I also believe that you later are going to be able to help someone else who may have to go thru it. And because you did go thru this trial in your life that God is going to use it for you to help another Veteran who will be hurting and struggling and you will be able to comfort that Veteran because you have been there. It was not but just a short time ago your words here at Hadit comforted me and really helped me when I was going thru my own fire. You helped me and do you what.....even with the despair and frustration.....IT DID COME TO PASS. Don't frett or worry ......because you have your friends here , your family, and the Lord and "IT WILL COME TO PASS". Time , and patience and help from others is what needs to be in your life. You have been a blessing to many people here at Hadit and you have always shown a servants heart to others such as myself when they were hurting. I know because I have gotten to read some of your post when I was hurting too. Please get your help , "It will come to pass", and we here will be here if you need us for anything. God Bless John, NEVER GIVE UP......C.C.