Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dav...no Problem Asking For $$$

Rate this question

luvHIM

Question

:) Didn't hear from NSO throughout my claim process, with the exception of two or three times. Received a few notifications in response to evidence that I sent in...but that was it.

Now that I am 100% sc, I'm getting mail out of the yin-yang from them. However, it is all relative to me donating to the cause...it is not the problem of giving back so another vet can be helped.

It is the audasity that they would contact immediately for $$ once my claim is won but you don't hear from them during the adjudication process, plus, I collected all of my own evidence...no help from them whatsoever. In fact, initially, I was told that I didn't even have a meritorious claim...go figure.

Just a vent... :)

Edited by luvHIM

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

The major three have been soliciting for part of our estates - stating that they can be written in our wills, if we desire. They can all, except the VVA, kiss me where the sun doesn't shine and I don't mean Alaska.

pr

:) Didn't hear from NSO throughout my claim process, with the exception of two or three times. Received a few notifications in response to evidence that I sent in...but that was it.

Now that I am 100% sc, I'm getting mail out of the yin-yang from them. However, it is all relative to me donating to the cause...it is not the problem of giving back so another vet can be helped.

It is the audasity that they would contact immediately for $$ once my claim is won but you don't hear from them during the adjudication process, plus, I collected all of my own evidence...no help from them whatsoever. In fact, initially, I was told that I didn't even have a meritorious claim...go figure.

Just a vent... :)

• HadIt.com Elder

Phil I haven't laughed that hard in years can you see that spot from Alaska? rofl My kids don't think I have enough for them let alone leave it to the Service Organizations

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

I'm getting frustrated with the DAV too for one they never talk to me and when I call them they are not available, but i've received for letters to donate since I started a claim in March.

I have life membership in DAV, AMVETs, VFW, & American Legion. Lately, after some 15 or so months--I had not contacted my service org.,(AMVETs) concerning my NOD/DRO which has been pending with the VA for over a year. All I wanted from the AMVET S.O. was a "status" check. I can understand him not returning my calls as it probably pissed him off cause I called him after 15 months. My county VSO has been great, but not the AMVET S.O.--- #From what I see, a lot of Vets are suffering the same fate as me. No service from the Veterans Service Officers from the large organizations!! **From this day forward, Christmas cards, address labels, calendars, donations, etc., from the no show/No return call organizations above---will receive a proper burning in my back yard. Prior to this, I was never in favor of hiring Attorneys. Now, attorneys sure look great to me. I definitely will hire attorney when SOC is received. I am becoming every bit as frustrated with the (no)"service organizations" as I am with the VARO. My suggestion is this: the Veteran Service Organizations forgo their expensive National Conventions this summer---take this money and retrain their current VSO's about (1)claims(2)ethics(3)empathy---or may be start firing a few!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I did ask the DAV for a refund on my life membership. They refused, of course. What do I get from them besides their magazine which is poor and consists of them patting themselves on the back for their past glory? For future problems I can't handle I go to a lawyer.

The same thing happen to me when I filed my frist claim at the va. They told me I needed to join a veterans org. I chose the VFW. Neve heard a thing from them until I was sc 4 years later. The post office has a trash can next to the door that exits the buliding, Guess were it goes. You can get more help with your claim on hadit than you will from a vets org, that has a memembership fee.