Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Bothersome Trend

Rate this question

purple

Question

Many of you here who know me, know that I tend to say what I believe. Here's another one of those times....so if you think you aren't going to like it; stop reading now.

I see that several folks either claim or want to claim "medication side effects". Why not just tell your doc about the side effects and ask for a different med? You don't have to put up with side effects. I don't. Insist on a different med. It's your right to do that.

I just believe that filing claims for side effects of medications is not the intent of what the system was set up for.

{off soapbox now}

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

0K 50K is the median american househole inclome which is different than average salary. It is the added income for a household.

For a houseghold of 2 it averages to 25K. for a household of 4 it is 12.5K.

JMo

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Its not the same to compare disability to wages. The person making 50k these days when they are old will get far less. That is the way it works.

So when I hear a Veteran grouse about pay of wages as compared to pay of disability I usually remind them its really retirement untaxed income as compared to a salary or hourly wage.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I disagree...... Disability is not retirement in any aspect. Disability is what your getting when you could be making a lot more working. Retirement is something you would get in addition to working if you choose to do so.

Jay

Its not the same to compare disability to wages. The person making 50k these days when they are old will get far less. That is the way it works.

So when I hear a Veteran grouse about pay of wages as compared to pay of disability I usually remind them its really retirement untaxed income as compared to a salary or hourly wage.

I had a feeling it was household, not individual.

Thanks, Jay

0K 50K is the median american househole inclome which is different than average salary. It is the added income for a household.

For a houseghold of 2 it averages to 25K. for a household of 4 it is 12.5K.

JMo

J

You are right, Pete, about comparing disability to wages. One of the problems is that the average disability compensation among Veterans is NOT 30k per year, but varies among states, from about $8000 per year in Ohio to about $12,000 in New Mexico. It was my bad, I was comparing the maximum Veterans income to the average government employee/household income, as was pointed out.

Source: http://blog.cleveland.com/openers/2008/04/...k_vasil_of.html

That is, the Average Veteran fares much, much worse..many times worse, than

a government paper pusher. The AVERAGE disabled Veteran is forced to try to survive on about $10,000 per year, or about a fifth of what government employees get..as an average. $30k per year is not the Veterans average, but very close to the MAXIMUM (except for SMC, housbound, etc.)

Disabled Veterans have almost no hope of ever going much above 30k per year, adjusted for inflation, whereas NON disabled employees, can earn six or even seven figures.

thanks, you just confirmed what I said below. It's not retirement or it would be called retirement.

Jay

You are right, Pete, about comparing disability to wages. One of the problems is that the average disability compensation among Veterans is NOT 30k per year, but varies among states, from about $8000 per year in Ohio to about $12,000 in New Mexico. It was my bad, I was comparing the maximum Veterans income to the average government employee/household income, as was pointed out.

Source: http://blog.cleveland.com/openers/2008/04/...k_vasil_of.html

That is, the Average Veteran fares much, much worse..many times worse, than

a government paper pusher. The AVERAGE disabled Veteran is forced to try to survive on about $10,000 per year, or about a fifth of what government employees get..as an average. $30k per year is not the Veterans average, but very close to the MAXIMUM (except for SMC, housbound, etc.)

Disabled Veterans have almost no hope of ever going much above 30k per year, adjusted for inflation, whereas NON disabled employees, can earn six or even seven figures.