Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Me Or Does Most People Get Burnt Out Helping?

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I haven't really showed my azz on this board or if I have it has been a really long time since I did I forgot, but I probably did a few years ago, I have had a stroke so I gorget a lot of stuff easily, I don't have to buy new books because my favorite writes W.E.B Griffin, Clive Clussler etc six months after I read the book or series of books I can go back and pick them up and read them again and it's like the first time all over again (saves money on books rofl)

But I know I have memory issues, I have to write a diray basically to remember when and who I saw on what dates and what the conversation was if I need to have a back up memory. I am not like that retired Senator that write down everything all day long everyday down to what pair of socks he wore and what color the suit was.

But I find myself getting pizzed at peep when they ask a question and then get smart towards me with the reply they want answers like we have crystal balls and of course none of us do, no one can "predict when a VARO will do anything" but they leave out a lot of important stuff like their claim they are waiting on they seem to think a claim with 10 or 15 problems should be worked in the same time as a claim with one issue, and what difference should that make, excuse me? Is it me or am I the stupid one?

I get tired of even trying to respond anymore they don't want to hear any type of the fact that they may be causing the problems (writing IRIS every week does not help speed the VA up) or they tell you they haven't called their VSO but down thread they admit they have been calling their VSO but they don't tell them anything, thats nothing new, in 7 years I have never had a SO be able to tell me anything other than I should play lets make a deal or I should drop my claim and be grateful for what I already have, and that I am just being greedy because I expected I a higher PTSD rating than 50% and didn't I know most vets would love to be rated at 50% and that by my filing a NOD for more I was depriving another veteran from getting their claim handled, BS, SO's in my opinion are lazy and would prefer that no one ever calls them and expect action. They close their offices 2 days a week to play catch up and 6 months later they still haven;t filed appeals WTF and they claim they are overworked, they need to try and start working in most cases.

Maybe I should just walk away from the boards and stop trying to help, I don't mind answering questions for new people but I really hate ignorant lying people....am I the only one that gets this way?

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike, I understand! I'm the same way. These days, I let the lesser experienced answer the more simple posts. I try not to get angry when newbies come here and due to "laziness" don't even try to search the board for previously posted answers, to their questions. It also bothers me when some "newbies," w/no history on this board, post as tho they are authorities on the VA. As to VA claims, there is, what I believe to be a legal theory, that each claimant is seeking the highest award possible. That being said, what also bothers me, at a veteran site that includes many VN vets, is someone who posts a photo of a draft dodging WJ Clinton, signing some some stupid book, he was way overpaid to write, while many VN vets are being sh*t on by our lovely VA. ;-) I still love ya, bro!!! Next time, I'm south, we'll do lunch, again!

pr (aka: Flip)

I haven't really showed my azz on this board or if I have it has been a really long time since I did I forgot, but I probably did a few years ago, I have had a stroke so I gorget a lot of stuff easily, I don't have to buy new books because my favorite writes W.E.B Griffin, Clive Clussler etc six months after I read the book or series of books I can go back and pick them up and read them again and it's like the first time all over again (saves money on books rofl)

But I know I have memory issues, I have to write a diray basically to remember when and who I saw on what dates and what the conversation was if I need to have a back up memory. I am not like that retired Senator that write down everything all day long everyday down to what pair of socks he wore and what color the suit was.

But I find myself getting pizzed at peep when they ask a question and then get smart towards me with the reply they want answers like we have crystal balls and of course none of us do, no one can "predict when a VARO will do anything" but they leave out a lot of important stuff like their claim they are waiting on they seem to think a claim with 10 or 15 problems should be worked in the same time as a claim with one issue, and what difference should that make, excuse me? Is it me or am I the stupid one?

I get tired of even trying to respond anymore they don't want to hear any type of the fact that they may be causing the problems (writing IRIS every week does not help speed the VA up) or they tell you they haven't called their VSO but down thread they admit they have been calling their VSO but they don't tell them anything, thats nothing new, in 7 years I have never had a SO be able to tell me anything other than I should play lets make a deal or I should drop my claim and be grateful for what I already have, and that I am just being greedy because I expected I a higher PTSD rating than 50% and didn't I know most vets would love to be rated at 50% and that by my filing a NOD for more I was depriving another veteran from getting their claim handled, BS, SO's in my opinion are lazy and would prefer that no one ever calls them and expect action. They close their offices 2 days a week to play catch up and 6 months later they still haven;t filed appeals WTF and they claim they are overworked, they need to try and start working in most cases.

Maybe I should just walk away from the boards and stop trying to help, I don't mind answering questions for new people but I really hate ignorant lying people....am I the only one that gets this way?

No, you are not the only one who feels that way. I tell vets the va has a system and they have to work with it, however some follow my advise and some don't. The ones that don't lose their claims and come back and ask why. My frist question to him/her is, are you ready to listen now.

• HadIt.com Elder

Flip the book he is signing is not his book it is this book http://www.forgottensecrets.net/ written and signed by James Ketchum, Colonel retired US Army Psychiatrist he spent his career at Edgewood or most of it doing human experimentation WJ is the only President to have ever apologized for the human experimentation so I have the only copy signed by the author and a President that apologized for the experiments I was abused in so it's special to me (took out my objectionable statement sorry to those offended)

I live near better places to eat now also rofl we took that big back pay and bought a nice home near the airport

Edited by Testvet

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

I come into this site a lot but don't actually answer a lot of questions. I am not a veteran but am married to a disabled veteran. I try to never claim I am an expert on the VA EXCEPT I have picked up stuff from helping my hubby get his benefits and reading on websites as experts help others. Having said this...

I know the "experts" must get awfully tired of repeating themselves or answering the stupid so wherever possible I try to take some of that off their hands by directing to previous topics, researching outside the site, and answer from my own experiences and picked up knowledge. This way I hope to give them a break.

However, since I am not an expert I don't have to answer as much and worry about in depth so I don't burn out.

I admire all of you who DO take the time to do the in depth stuff.

That commitment, strength, striving and continuing to hold and then press forward comes through in your repeated ability to help. It is what I notice most in veterans. You show your training.

Think how many people have been helped because of the abilities to translate and clarify and suggest from you and others like you. That is changing the world!

If you have to take a break, so be it. God did! :unsure:

Know though that you are appreciated and admired.

fanaticbooks

www.howtoassemblevaclaims.com

A free guide for researching, organizing and assembling a va claim. Now upgraded to include suggestions for VONAPP and Social Security Disability.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike - Thanks for clarifying(see what happens when one assumes) and sorry but I'll never get over WJC, whether it be VN or the cigar issue. I partially blame him for today's youth's attitude, towards oral sex. Sex is sex but he's a lawyer and you know what that entails. Maybe I only wish he'd been around in the '50s!!! Then maybe I wouldn't have been a 21 yo virgin, extremely thankful, to a Japanese "lady," in 1966, for her favours!!! rofl Still love ya and next time lunch is on you, since you finally got your "well deserved" big win!!! Sorry if the elders edit this but I don't regret Tokyo, at all!!!

pr

Flip the book he is signing is not his book it is this book http://www.forgottensecrets.net/ written and signed by James Ketchum, Colonel retired US Army Psychiatrist he spent his career at Edgewood or most of it doing human experimentation WJ is the only President to have ever apologized for the human experimentation so I have the only copy signed by the author and a President that apologized for the experiments I was abused in so it's special to me if we counting who served and who didn't none of the last bunch that took us into 2 wars ever served in combat 5 deferrment Cheney, Reserve Navy captain Rumsfeld and Air NG 1LT Bush all seemed to miss Nam also it's time to let those old dogs lay......

I live near better places to eat now also rofl we took that big back pay and bought a nice home near the airport

Edited by Philip Rogers