VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Me Or Does Most People Get Burnt Out Helping?

Rate this question

Testvet

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I haven't really showed my azz on this board or if I have it has been a really long time since I did I forgot, but I probably did a few years ago, I have had a stroke so I gorget a lot of stuff easily, I don't have to buy new books because my favorite writes W.E.B Griffin, Clive Clussler etc six months after I read the book or series of books I can go back and pick them up and read them again and it's like the first time all over again (saves money on books rofl)

But I know I have memory issues, I have to write a diray basically to remember when and who I saw on what dates and what the conversation was if I need to have a back up memory. I am not like that retired Senator that write down everything all day long everyday down to what pair of socks he wore and what color the suit was.

But I find myself getting pizzed at peep when they ask a question and then get smart towards me with the reply they want answers like we have crystal balls and of course none of us do, no one can "predict when a VARO will do anything" but they leave out a lot of important stuff like their claim they are waiting on they seem to think a claim with 10 or 15 problems should be worked in the same time as a claim with one issue, and what difference should that make, excuse me? Is it me or am I the stupid one?

I get tired of even trying to respond anymore they don't want to hear any type of the fact that they may be causing the problems (writing IRIS every week does not help speed the VA up) or they tell you they haven't called their VSO but down thread they admit they have been calling their VSO but they don't tell them anything, thats nothing new, in 7 years I have never had a SO be able to tell me anything other than I should play lets make a deal or I should drop my claim and be grateful for what I already have, and that I am just being greedy because I expected I a higher PTSD rating than 50% and didn't I know most vets would love to be rated at 50% and that by my filing a NOD for more I was depriving another veteran from getting their claim handled, BS, SO's in my opinion are lazy and would prefer that no one ever calls them and expect action. They close their offices 2 days a week to play catch up and 6 months later they still haven;t filed appeals WTF and they claim they are overworked, they need to try and start working in most cases.

Maybe I should just walk away from the boards and stop trying to help, I don't mind answering questions for new people but I really hate ignorant lying people....am I the only one that gets this way?

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

All I can say is that I do truly appreciate the advice & opinions that I've gotten in my limited posts on this site & 1 other site.

I'm trying to apply to advice given to me & I also try to research as much as possible before asking a question...but there is so much info out there that it can get very confusing at times. Also, as one person mentioned early...a.d.d, concentration & memory issues do make it a little difficult at times. I actually never realized that those issues were connected to my other SC problems but thru these forums I have discovered that I'm not alone in my day to day problems.

I thank those who post advice & guidance & encouragement too. sometimes just reading others situations goes a long way to helping too...to know that "i'm not alone".

Respect....

I guess I'm a "newbie". New to the site, but not to the VA system.

I can see why many, myself included, ask for clarification/guidance. I am a research maniac, and still can't find info, or am not sure if it applies.

I truly appreciate everyones feedback, and try to give some when I have experience in an area.

Several of my people at work are in the VA process, and I tell them about the site, and offer advice, but as someone said the person has to be a willing participant in their own claim.

Vets who post for help should understand that no one is getting paid to help, if you are let me know I'll sign up, and that everyone's time should be respected.

Just my 2 cents.....Eric

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete they must send them to the same medical school the post office sends it's supervisors to I use to crack up when I would call in sick and the supervisor would try and diagnose the problem over the phone my favorite memory of all time was after my 3rd heart attack in 1997 they sent a supervisor to the ICU unit where I was on a heart pump to issue me a letter of warning for missing work 3 times in less than 12 months all 3 times I was hospitalized for a heart attack the union had a field day with that one.......

I don't mind answering questions but my crystal ball broke and I can't tell anyone why it is taking the VARO 7 months to rate 10 issues and why they can rate your friends claim in 6 months and he only had one issue maybe common sense could fit into the equation somewhere is all

Edited by Testvet

Flip come on down and float around the pool I just bob around it beats the hell out of looking at my skin rofl I still remember when I went to the VA pool and they said due to the severity of my heart problems I could only use their pool twice a week for 5 minutes WTF it takes longer than that to drive there...so the house we bought has a pool I use it all I want and the VA raters had the nerve to tell me my heart has gotten better and is only 60% disabling now I wonder when all those fixes happened? SSD still doesn't know about my PTSD and the only thing they disabled me for was my 25% ejection fraction and 2 failed bypasses I am glad that rater cured me though because the VA surgeons refused to operate on me I might die on them and ruin their stats I am a medicate until I die but what matter does it make if I fight them it is not going to raise my SMC S any higher a second 60% or a 100% added to my 100% PTSD still adds up to SMC S but they are still idiots.....

Please tell me what he acronym rofl stands for. I've seen it so many times recently and I've tried to figure it out through context but I'm just not getting it. Please forgive my ignorance.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think we are missing the boat here.

I do get burned out and I take breaks to cure that manotony.

But the bottom line is this.

Hadit is here to help veterans and it says Veterans in General that means all Veterans who Join.

The Newbie crack is not very professional as it may run some folks off and we dont need that. They will go elsewhere to find their answers.

Sure answering the same questions becomes redundant but that is our responsibility. We all watch re-runs anyway. We cant enter a mindset that we are getting agravated or bothered when someone asks a quesation, No matter how stupid it may sound.

We are here to help Veterans with their claims and navigation through the VA system and that is the bottom line.

We have to take as it is and do what we have to do. Anything else would be selfish on our parts.

J