Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Health Care Bill Introduced

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

I saw this on the internet and thought some vets with medicare might be interested

in it. Thanks.

68mustang

H.R. 3365 to allow veterans to use their earned Medicare benefits to receive health care and services from the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) at the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)

http://www.military.com/veterans-report/ve...uced?ESRC=vr.nl

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

They are already looking at ways to spend the savings.

I went last week and they were checking everyone for medicare cards.

The sharks are circling.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Yup, and I hate it. It'll allow the VA to bill medicare for my s/c care!! It really pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!

pr

No I don't think so,,, I think it will only allow them to bill for non service connected care...

• HadIt.com Elder

Once the VA is allowed to bill Medicare for veterans healthcare the flood will go, just like the Army billing my Blue Cross for my step sons visits to DDEAMC at Fort Gordon they billed a 100 dollar per visit regardless of the problem or service his father is retired Army CW4 they billed BC/BS and they paid it they billed under the wrong codes all the time just so they could collect and when I called BC/BS telling them about it they didn't care it was just easier for them to pay the bill just like the VA will do to medicare bill it and forget about it regardless of wether the problem is SC or not the VA will bill Medicare for each visit or procedure what about vets like me who are 100% SC and don't carry Part B will I be forced to sign up for Part B?

Who exactly is going to make the VA only bill for non sc conditions? They claim this is so other elderly veterans can start using the VA so they can join their fellow veterans because right now they aren't eligible for VA care? So they are going to change the rules to allow Category 8 over 65 veterans into the VA health care system because now they can bill Medicare? If it was just about taking care of veterans why don't they allow them in now, is it because they can't get paid by Medicare? So is this just a new revenue source for the VA? Is this really for veterans or to transfer money from Medicare to the VA? my guess is the later

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

• HadIt.com Elder

I hope that a Veteran with Medicare will not be stuck solely with VA

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I'm on Medicare besides having the VA.

I have to pay for all kinds of crap myself.

If the VA would follow their own rules this discussion would be moot.

As it is, our taxes fund all of the government programs.

And I don't care what they call the program as long as it actually follows it's own regulations, which none do.

When the VA bills Medicare, a bureaucrat is just taking up space and milking the system in order to slide funds from one named program to another, either on paper or electronically.

It all comes from the same source, but governmental employees have long since figured out how to get their friends and relatives hired by the government.

Set up another bureaucracy program so more government pencil pushers can suck bucks away from the returning wounded.

It's just politics as usual.

Don't sweat the nomenclature, it's a real waste of time and energy.

sledge

Edited by SLEDGE

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com