Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Indianapolis Varo

Rate this question

sgmdae

Question

I read about a lot of Different Veteran offices.

I have not seen anything said about the Indianapolis Area

Has anybody had experience at that location

Any positive or negative experiences, or advice would be appreciated

100% PTSD

20% right ankle

20% left ankle

10% Right Knee

20% Right Shoulder

10% Tinnitus

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I use the ST Pete VARO. There is none worse, but everyone feels their VARO stinks. If you have the evidence you can win anywhere. It ain't easy but my long term plan for victory is use your local VAMC. Get all your evidence together. Get IMO's if you need them. Hand deliver your evidence to the VARO. Check on the VARO every few weeks to see if there is something missing. Wait.....the hard part. Evidence and persistence is what wins claims. Also, you can't assume the VA is not going to make gross errors in your claim that have to be fought. If you have the perfect claim don't assume your money is in the bank.

Thank you for all the information

I have a adequate and complete claim. I have follow the advice of Hadit to the letter.

I had a weak C&P examiner, you could tell this by the first question she asked.

In my opinion she wrote what she wanted to hear, not what was said.

Anyway, I can't dwell on the negative, its not healthy

100% PTSD

20% right ankle

20% left ankle

10% Right Knee

20% Right Shoulder

10% Tinnitus

• HadIt.com Elder

Sqmdae

The way it worked for me was I would get these ratings and SOC's. The SOC contains the clues to getting a higher rating. I would address the SOC with a private doctor and rebut them. I did not get the rating I wanted the first time. Each appeal got me closer to the goal. Most don't get the rating they deserve the first time. You need the full court press to get there. PTSD and all mental claims are subjective. Your just surround them with evidence until there is no way for the VA to go but to grant you what you are after. Berta says this often. If you get service connected the first time you are in the ball park, and all things are possible. I started at 10%. Now I am 90% IU. What a long, strange trip it has been.

Thank you for all the information

I have a adequate and complete claim. I have follow the advice of Hadit to the letter.

I had a weak C&P examiner, you could tell this by the first question she asked.

In my opinion she wrote what she wanted to hear, not what was said.

Anyway, I can't dwell on the negative, its not healthy

Boy oh Boy, WoW! Buddy I can say with out a dout you have to come correct the first time because Indy will try to suck the like out of you. rental, John999 are right on, but I can trully say if there is a way, hell they dont need away they will try to deny your claim so make sure your ducks are in a row and your watchin them at all times. You can WIN but you will have a lot of sleepless nights and constantly fighting to cut them off from them pulling tricks of there trade.... I could have never done it without the help here but non the less watch your claim and document stamp EVERYTHING! good luck yogg....

GENERAL GEORGE S. PATTON, JR.

"Do more than is required of you."

I am taking in all this advice, and I can see that it will be a uphill battle

I waited forty years to get involved, and it has been as stressful as anything I have done since RVN

On 6/2/2009, I began my journey, and the mentl health care is helping, but their documentation is confusing. Don't want to get off track. I already feel like I have three strikes, and I have not got the first rating.

100% PTSD

20% right ankle

20% left ankle

10% Right Knee

20% Right Shoulder

10% Tinnitus

Hang in there with your claim. My VARO is Indianapolis and I have had some decent luck. I filled for a claim a year ago. I expected at least 50% disability no problem. I was denied on several claims from my exposure to sodium dichromate in Iraq, which was and is big news. I was given high ratings for my other claims. I ended up 80% and I am still fighting for the main claims. I had every shred of evidence from the exposure and was denied. I am currently going thru the nod and just finished a few more c&p exams. I actually got a doctor instead of the nurse practioner. The Doctor couldn't understand why I was denied. He has written up a very favorable exam. He told me that the way the VA requested info from him, they are going to grant my request they just want to know how bad the problems are for a % rating. This doctor at Louisville KY VAMC was unbeleivable. He is very, very pro veteran. He is tired of how we are treated and rated. If you are in the Louisville VAMC and have a C&P exam ask to see Dr. Spanbauer. He is very intelligent and knows if you are trying to pull the wool or are lagite. I wish all my visits were this comfortable and helpful. Good Luck. PM me if you need any help! I would be glad to help.