Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Sc - Wth?

Rate this topic

Bonzai

And I am doing the joy dance here for you in Alaska!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bonzi,

YIPPEEE!!! YEAAAAAAA!!! I am really thrilled for you!! Congrats on hanging in there, especially when the VA phone rep said she couldn't verify your percentage but could verify your retro (how stupid is that?).

I totally agree with what Larry wrote - the aftermath of getting your VA award can knock you for a loop for all the reasons he stated. Now, I'm bipolar so perhaps my reaction was a bit extreme, but I had been rapid cycling with mania most of the time I was working my claim around the clock reading, researching, writing, printing, reading, researching.............and after I got 100% P&T I went into a months long depression.

Even though I am bipolar and live with flucuating moods and had been forwarned there might be an emotional rollercoaster ride after the final Decision, I was caught off guard by the intensity of my depression and almost bewilderment that it was really, truly, finally over (at least for now).

Congratulations and God speed!

TS Snave

• HadIt.com Elder

Great, now just take a few weeks off and go on vacation or something. You can start to plan your life post decision after you get back. I would put any retro in the bank for emergencies.

Bonzi great news. That letter is the best feeling in the world except the birth of your children and the ride on that freedom bird back home. Enjoy yourself for awhile and i know the grandbaby will keep you busy the rest of the time.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use