Rate this question

mrsvet28

Question

:) Its over - 70% PTSD

10% tibia

100% IU

they went back to 02'- on all of the above

I think they forgot that the first claim was opened 1998-

I had a emotional day with MrVet- relief makes you cry like a baby!!

Will fill in the details tomorrow just wanted to thank you all for everything B)

MrsVetand MrVet

• Answers 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Way to never give up! I am writing my request for reconsideration as we speak. Since I found more evidence THEY sent to me I have the shotgun aimed them, that way some of the evidence(pellets) may get read. Tomorrow is my date with Ken Carpenter, and I am cramming for that too.

Hurrah!

• HadIt.com Elder

Great news. I am estatic for you and Mr. Vet. You are inspiring to others as you so dilligintly fought for your Husbands benefits.

John

Mrs Vet, God Bless you and Mr.Vet - thank him for his service from a lil cowgirl - and I hope you have a memorable Veterans Day!!

I am very THRILLED for you both and will have a bite o'dark chocolate to celebrate - heard its healthy - ha!!

Happy December :D $$ too ~ !

All the best to y'all.

Cg

**When you get time, share with us the current decision (personal information exlcuded) since your mentioned the 1998 claim was 'forgotten'.

Thank You all for your replys and best wishes - it has been a long hard struggle and I guess you could say I've been "tenacious" ;) with this claim and just kept researching the VA laws some nights I'd be up all night and even before I had a computer I'd go to the law library and make copies-(one time I made a chart of huge posterboard and made timelines in different colors and plastered them on the wall-they all had different things on them) (mine was different-theirs was different- and I had one with what I needed to do on it) and the other had Title 38 pertaining to the errors on the claim and I cross-referenced evrything)reading the SOC's and pulling them apart to try and understand what it meant - I almost literally wallpapered the dining rm in it! B) you should have seen some reactions of our quests -- then I found this site while surfing for help for Veterans-after the 4th POA-and was looking for another one-I felt sometimes as if I was the only one who really cared about this claim and I'm the "if you want something done right" person- :) I found with the charts I couldnt help but have it staring at me-alot of times I stared back - and then I'd find something else- then everytime I filed my papers back away, I'd get another letter and have to drag them all out again- after doing that a few hundred times-I got two huge buffet tables and just left them out -according to the dates and had a pile for -my letters sent/their letters/etc..-that helped too-

I'm sharing this with all of you - especially the newbies to this process-and I'm sure all of you guys who have succeeded have been thru the similar processes...sometimes it gets overwhelming and eats away at you ...but then you have to walk away..be free of it for a few days and go at it again..and repeat the same process...but you gotta hang-in-there "WHEN YOU GET TO THE END OF YOUR ROPE, TIE A KNOT, AND HANG ON"

the problem in the beginning in 98' I had bad advice and had 9 issues open-and could have made them individual or combined 2- I didnt know that then but I know now !!

I will gladly-post it when it gets here and still be part of this site-its like family B)

Roses are red Violets are blue you've found hadit and we're here to help you!

Take care MrsVet

x

x

x

Get that award in writing LOL! Congratulations Mrs. Vet, you both have both fought long and hard, in so many ways! Peace to you and yours! ~Wings

;) <_<

Got the decision today : D R O decision Oct 28 09' everything is granted as of 02

Service connection for PTSD) with depressive disorder not otherwise specified is granted with an evaluation of 70%

SerVice connection for residuals, left tibia injury(claimed as leg condition) is granted with evaluation of 10%

entitlement to IU is granted

elegibility to Dependents Educational AssistancE

It says also the deposit takes 15 days - I'm still numb-it hasnt sunk in yet!

MrsVet needs a vacation somewhere with MrVet its our 30th anniversary soon ! :)