Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Retired Vs Disabled

Rate this question

bigvic

Question

Well guy's..

My Father did 26 years Army and my Brother did 24 years Air Force and they are both mad at me. They both say that I make more than they did for having done less. I try to calmly explain to them both that I'd rather have my legs back, and be able to go out and play with my grad kids. They both know full well that it took over twenty years to even get the VA give me medical attention let along award me 100% P/T.

What gets me is they were the same ones screaming at me to get a job when I could not work because I was in severe pain.

Now you guys see why I really dont have a lot of faith in people that I dont know, if the people that I've known all my life act this way what can I really expect... HUH... You would think that they would say OK we were wrong and we now really know that something was wrong with you for the last twenty years. HA...

I have actual medical evidence backed up by the VA this time and they are still of the opinion that I just dont deserve it... I cant win...

Bigvic 100% P/T Severe Spinal Canal Stenosis....

They dont even realize that they were actually helping the VA further my deseased spinal column and medical condition which has led to my paralysis. B)

Edited by bigvic

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Terry,

Great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bound4Heaven

I talked to a vet's wife the other day, her husband(marine vet) is home in bed with severe back pain. He re-injured it at work. I asked if he ever injured it while in service. She said he fell down some steps in the barracks while moving a refrig. or something and has the evidence in his medical records. I told her they should see a S.O. I told her uncle that Jerry should see a S.O. about his back. The uncle said DON'T TELL HIM THAT, I don't want to have to pay for another one (disabled vet). He said thats nothing but a game and slammed his door shut in my face. I've tried to encourage a few vets to file a claim and have gotton nothing but flak from all around and am about to say the hell with it.

Mike, I recently had a flare up with an accountant that did my fathers estate report for the IRS when he passed away. I was speaking to him about the problems of concurrent reciept, (of which I will never be benefited by) when he told me good, he was tired of paying people other money.

I almost got tossed out of the restaurant. I told him to kiss my ass, I would not listen to his pompous arse anymore, and this guy was a vet too. I told him the fact that we had to pay him $11,000 to file a report to the IRS that our regular accountant would have done, just for the privilege of working with my family for 20 years was a sham, and that someday he would get his. All kinds of leeches in society. There may be some in the VA system, but it's no where near what you would see in other organizations. That be whether nonprofit or someone on the backdoor payroll.

80% SC/100% TDIU

70%PTSD All the rest is Back problems.

10th Mountain.

God Bless the Troops.

I agree with whoever posted earlier-- most times it's just best not to tell people too much of

our business. I find rarely are they truly glad for you and that you are receiving your disab.

comp. Many times I will tell people I just got lucky and made some decent investments at an

early age, and was lucky I could retire a few years quicker.

I notice too with some people knowing you'r business, say they know you receive Social

Security Disability -- well one day they can get pissed off at you about anything and call

the SSA and start complaining to them -- example...

So and so is not disabled, so and so can do their own grocery shopping, and so and so walks out

to get their own mail everyday, make a report like, I saw so and so washing their car just yesterday

etc...... As we all know, not all disabilities are just seen on the outside.

Anyway, my point here is some people will just plain choose to be and wish evil towards others

and sometime down the road they will just make a big bucket of shit for you to have to try and

clean up. Even though we know our claims are legit and just -- someone mixing up the mud and

throwing problems you'r way it's never worth sharing your business with them.

When you take time to think about and examine people's past behaviors, how they treat

or talk about others, you can see that one day they may be doing it to you.

For someone that has had to prove,prove and prove again their medical disability -- when another

person, without even providing their name can throw question your way it will really

rattle your cage.

OMO -- carlie

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

If they could only live in my shoes for the last 25 years.

I'm aware of a few 'people' that think disabled vets are mostly leeches.

ALL are non-vets in my case.

I am only seen when I feel good enough to actually get dressed and hobble out the door.

Those 'people' don't know how much we have to pay to supplement our FREE healthcare through the private sector.

They don't realize how much it costs us, Physically and Mentally and Financially, to drive hundreds of miles for stupid examinations that we absolutely can't avoid and certainly don't need.

Sure, I'd like to earn a living.

Is anyone offering me a job?

Sledge

Those that need help the most are the ones least likely to receive help from the VA.

It's up to us to help each other.

sledge twkelly@hotmail.com

Sledge, Nail meet Hammer.

I've been dealing with Voc. Rehab for almost a year now. They won't send me to school, won't line me up for work, but since my Psych sent a letter back saying that at this time I was unemployable, but in her opinion that it was temporary because "she hoped with time, I would be able to work", so meanwhile I'm stuck in lala land.

So of course, my family is on the brink of financial ruin, and I try to do the right thing. Apply for some gov't jobs, since I have my preference now. You think they will hire someone who is 70% disabled? Especially if some of it is from PTSD. I just wish the bastards would have the cajones to send me a letter stating that I was well qualified for the position, but due to my PTSD, which they know about because my rating is over 30%, than they are not giving me the job.

This is the crock of shit we all live with. Feckers.

80% SC/100% TDIU

70%PTSD All the rest is Back problems.

10th Mountain.

God Bless the Troops.