Ask Your VA Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Stressed Out- Hair Falling Out -screaming At Everyone...

Rate this question

halos2

Question

So I file some claim in 06;never heard anything on it; then in 07filed ; denied in 08; NOD with DRO request; denied in 09; put in for reconsideration as problem is same SOC was used in original denial and in one after there was to be a DRO review...no DRO review but person copied the original SOC word for word and errors with % listed the same so played the waiting game again...waiting and got a call in 09 from a VSR and was told to fax her all the info...faxed as requested, she asks why no IU claim told her it was in 06, still waiting...

The reason I got the call was I called the 800# on a whim one day and complained about these issues and that person from Az notified my VARO, and this VSR told me Pres Obama told all VARO's to return calls to vets with major problems related to claims and to get these worked on quickly, so that is why this person called me...this person gave me the personal # too, to call with issues/concerns/questions...copy's faxed to her with other forms/evidence as prev sent...waiting

(she told me to put in the reconsideration as no DRO review/same SOC) So I get a call from her stating these claims are with a rater since 14 jan 10...give the rater till the 10th feb and call her back to let her know my outcome????

This whole scenerio sounds ridiculous to me but I followed what was advised to do.

Anyone else have such a conversation with a VARO employee?

Any others get same exact copy of SOC with same error % listed wrong on them?

BOTH?

Well I thought my other claim has been in Washington D.C. almost 2 yrs now and the problems I have had with my VARO...deceased...sever proposal...7 mths for personal hearing...8 mths to get a half-assed copy of the hearing...finally get % increase but main claim denied(after being dropped for not timely filing, however proved it was timely...they got pissed off because I requested double time allowed for personal hearing mths prior)denied...to BVA

What do you think...sound wishy washy doesn't it? But what do I have to lose...conventional way was ineffective, so why not try what was recommended too.

How do we EVER get the VA to read a claim throughly?? Never huh? Oh well just wishing...

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

And that damn mailbox. I feel like smashing it sometimes. Always empty.

The other day I felt like chasing the mailman down and tell him he forgot to put my VA award in my box.

jerr

Yes jerrybilly, I'm sure many thousands of vets have left the VA feeling the same way, over the decades... Thousands have actually killed themselves over the whole thing over the years. I hope that one day the Government will come up with a better way to serve the disabled vets or combat wounded members in our ranks that put on the uniform and served this great country. Until then we owe it to our loved ones, each other and ourselves, to keep on breathing. Besides, who knows what tomorrow will bring???

• HadIt.com Elder
And that damn mailbox. I feel like smashing it sometimes. Always empty.

jerr

Yes... I call it the "Mailbox Blues". I hate it when that happens...

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

You know you can't be sure of anything with the VA until you have a decision right in your hand. Even then you need to read it ten times to make sure you understand every fine point.

The system the VA uses is called "trauma based mind control" (google it) and it is extremely effective.

This system alienates veterans, thus making it less likely they will return to the VA in a bid to seek just compensation.

It is also helpful in that it tends to allow veterans to spread anecdotal reports to other veterans that "the situation with the VA is hopeless".

The NSO's also take part in this by not drawing attention to the problem, or worse, forcing veterans to grovel for their earned rights.

This current VA system is much like the feudal Japan or Medieval Europe. Only the learned nobles (the VA) and the priests (NSO's) understood the written word (VA regulations), thus leaving the peasants (the veterans) powerless.

But, as the Bible says, "live by the sword, die by the sword". If anyone is not comfortable being a peasant, and I know I am not, take it upon yourself to learn the VA regulations. That alone puts you on level ground. Step one in this process is realising that VA "stalling tactics" are simple sophomoric antics, and should be ignored. I find that veterans are actually shocked that the VA treats them so poorly. Well, what do you expect your enemy to do, treat you with respect?

The second step is knowing the golden rule of dealing with the VA. If you are not on the offence, you are on defence. I got 100% T&P back in 2002, but I have never stopped putting new claims forward or asking for an expansion in my earned benefits (housebound, ILP, chapter 35, etc).

Dealing with the VA is all about mindset. Have the right one, and its simply mind over matter. I dont mind, and the VA dont matter.

Good luck with your claim, and if you need any help, send me a PM.

Dealing with the VA is all about mindset. Have the right one, and its simply mind over matter. I dont mind, and the VA dont matter.

It's definetely about a "no quit" mindset. You only lose if you quit.

Edited by jerrbilly

I did a little research and find this very interesting. Thank you for bringing it up.

The idea of trauma based mind control is basically that you condition the mind according to certain stimuli. When you experience a sensory trigger, a correlated interior state is achieved.

Here's a famous example:

Classical or Pavlovian Conditioning:

Classical Conditioning is the type of learning made famous by Pavlov’s experiments with dogs. The gist of the experiment is this: Pavlov presented dogs with food, and measured their salivary response (how much they drooled). Then he began ringing a bell just before presenting the food. At first, the dogs did not begin salivating until the food was presented. After a while, however, the dogs began to salivate when the sound of the bell was presented. They learned to associate the sound of the bell with the presentation of the food. As far as their immediate physiological responses were concerned, the sound of the bell became equivalent to the presentation of the food.

This can relate to how the VA
conditions
veterans seeking benefits.

Edited by jerrbilly