Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim On Docket At Bva

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My CUE claim was placed on the docket for the BVA. I got the letter today. I will be dead or insane by the time I get a decision. From the time I filed it till I get a decision from BVA will probably be 4 years. Two rejections at the VARO and then a BVA Hearing and now it is on the docket? What was the hearing for I wonder? For crying out loud I thought the BVA judge at the hearing could make a decision. He got the brief and heard my case. I knew the hearning was quick, but I did not think it was just a milestone on the way to a long,long wait for the BVA to rule. I never actually got a personal BVA hearing before.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, when I consider that it only took me about 2 years to go from 30% to IU P&T I would quote Dirty Harry "Do you feel lucky?". Yes, I do in that sense. However, a 10% rating when I could not work for years leaves me bitter, and contributed to my future total disability I think.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete - I wish I could find & marry a young Vietnamese woman, just so they'd end up paying DIC to those we fought, for yrs, after I'm gone, just for screwing w/me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I could do it I would!!!!!!!!!!!!

pr

John:

I only have one piece of advice. "Never give up"

Remind your Lawyer that if you do pass on God Forbid that your wife can continue the claim. Be sure and tell her also. She has to ask within one year of death and every spouse should know this.

I swear to God if Mrs Pete were to pass before me I would marry a 16 year old in name only so she could collect from VA of 80 years hopefully

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey, my lawyer emailed me and said my claim is not waiting on a docket, but is being decided by the judges. He said they sent me the docket letter in error. He called them up to find out why I got that letter since he got one as well about the docket. It did seem crazy to have a hearing and then go on the docket. He also told me not to contact the VA on my own. I had asked them to send my lawyer a transcript of the hearing. I stepped on his lawyer toes. You know after dealing with the VA for forty years I find it hard to trust anyone with my claim. However, I hired a lawyer and that is who I should listen to and let him do the fighting. He says I will get a decision soon. Let's hope he is right.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Good luck John. I hope you win your claim. ~Wings