VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thanks To All

Rate this question

Bravo6

Question

Just got a call from the VRE counselor that did my Independent Living assessment last friday. He told me that I was jusdt approved for TDIU and they were rating another new condition as well. Just waiting for the official letter within the next few days! Retro pay as well!

I just wanted to thank those that have help me and my family, finally get the benefits that I DESERVED!

I will pray for those still going through the process of fighting the VA to get the benefits that they DESERVE!

God Bless each and everyone of you! God Speed!

Sincerely,

B6

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This is GREAT News-

"I got a call yesterday stating that I was approved and should be awaiting my award letter this week!"

Yes- a VRE counselor can make an assessment on TDIU that will help a TDIU claim.

I usually see that only when Voc Rehab (VRE counselors)turn down a vet solely due their SC disabilities.

That Voc Rehab decision then becomes Prime Facie evidence that they are unemployable due to their service.

Although I've been reading for the past 6 months on this site....I finally got a user name and started posting this month.

This site has helped me more than you can/will know! THANKS TO HADIT.com elders and experienced VA'ers, I'm finally can breath a little easier knowing I have a valuable resource of information at my finger tips.

I've turned on a few people to this site to help them with their issues with the VA. I'm sure they will have the same view as I do!

I offer a SALUTE to you all~!

GOD Speed,

B6

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!!!!

B6 congrats to you. Enjoy it slowly.

However, I find it difficult to believe the VRE counselor has that much pull...3 yrs ago I was approved for VRE and I am 100% disabled from SSDI for over 7 yrs, and then I was placed in ILP because of my disabilities, yet my claim was at BVA almost 2 yrs, and it is almost 7 yrs old and it was remanded back to my VARO...no VRE reports sent to VARO to validate my disabilities to bump me up to 100%.

Am I missing something here? I even sent letters to BVA stating I requested my VRE copies over 10 times with no avail. Yes the OT came to my house and made recommendations...yet VARO seems to overlook what VRE says regarding my disabilities.

BERTA, what is the best way to follow through?