Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For A Blank Copy For A Will Acceptable In Any State

Rate this question

carlie

Question

I'm posting this in Claims/Research/Benefits as it will probably get viewed more here.

Does anyone have a blank copy of an acceptable Last Will and Testament for any state ?

If so, is it possible to scan and post it here.

I can get blank forms, from VA for a Living Will and Designation of Medical Surrogate

but I'm looking for a blank Last Will and Testament.

I feel it is important for all people to have this filled out and of record.

Thanks,

carlie

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You need a will and durable POA. It is worth the cost which is a few hundred bucks.

Death and/or incapacity does bring out the worst in people especially if there is money involved. In Florida you need a will, durable POA, living will, and a health care surrogate. Otherwise, someone besides your significant other may get involved in your life. This is something that lawyers do that is a bargain.

I'm going to agree w/Berta in that death brings out the worst and best in all families. I also agree that you should hire an attorney, to handle the will. Actually, I suggest, if you own anything of value, outright, such as real property, you consider a revokable living trust, as it allows your beneficiary(s) immediate control, upon your death. Trying to avoid attorneys fees can cost in a long run. While purchasing online or general will forms online, unless they've been reviewed and approved by an attorney they could be invalid, causing your beneficairy(s) long delays in providing the benefits you desired. jmo

pr

You've made an excellent point here PR! Thanks for adding this valuable information.

Thanks to all for your responses.

I'm seeking this information for several different veterans who are are not

motivated in most things in their life.

I'm just trying to help them get some things arranged and settled.

So far I've gotten two of them to set up and do pre-planning arrangements for their deaths, the funeral homes

and that they want to be cremated and their remains will go to Bay Pines National Cemetery.

Both of them have some family members in other states - but neither one of them have

any communication at all with their family members.

In a way it's selfish of me to try prodding them to do these things as both of them

are buddies with me.

I have fears of them being found deceased in their homes, killed on the road and no one to claim the bodies,

with no arrangements made and them just ending up unclaimed and in a paupers grave somewhere.

If I could stop having all of these morbid kind of thoughts and fears my life would be

so much easier.

I appreciate all of your help.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Just a quick comment...

In Oregon a Last Will can't be just typed or written out and signed by the person. It HAS to be lawyer generated.

A holographic (sp) is illegal in Oregon.

fanaticbooks

• HadIt.com Elder
yeah, I got a last will from one of those legal website for about $10.. it might have been on sale.. but still, shop around, there are several legal website, like legal zoom, legal zoom is a bit more expensive than some other websites with the same forms..

Yeah, but with LegalZoom you get Bobby Shapiro, and he can perform legal miracles..............we saw one of them! :)