VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

If You Live In Georgia, You Want To Read This About Ptsd!

Rate this question

Troy Spurlock

Question

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/12/law-l...amaged-license/

Veterans groups are blasting Georgia lawmakers for passing legislation that would allow a diagnosis of post-traumatic stress disorder to appear on driver's licenses.

Not only is this unconstitutional, it's patently prejudicial.

If they're going to do this, they need to do it for EVERYONE diagnosed with PTSD, to include police, fire, domestic and rape victims (for example).

The things our government bodies are doing to ostracize veterans is completely dumbfounding, foolish, and down right discriminatory against veterans!

• Answers 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I see this issue as damned if you do, damned if you don't! Many employers can get federal and state benefits for hiring vets. Federal contractors may be required to hire vets. I have had major companies go completely through the prehire process, including filing out an application for medical insurance. Naturally, the insurance application asks for medical history. Often the applicant is told to put the application in a sealed envelope. Who is to know if the employer just waits until the applicant leaves, then opens and reviews the medical info before a hire decision.

Preprinted envelopes are cheap.

Its really up to you but since VA Disability is supposed to be protected unless I see a personal advantage I do not disclose it. After all the VA does not disclose it or provide forms to report it so why should we.

If you have "private insurance", as a condition of issuing and maintaining the policy, you have given the insurance company authority to obtain your medical information. Generally, if you revoke the permission, the insurance company may suspend or cancel the policy.

I have even been to an interview, passed it got hired and had to fill out basic medical information sheet..the "Do you have or have you ever had" sheet..the second question is usually heart related..I answered honestlly that I had a heart attack with 2 stents placed in 05 and when I was supposed to report to work there was no record of me at the company..at all. I called the HR people and they even said oh we dont even have your application. I told them I was hired and even who interviewed me they told me he got fired and I would have to re-apply. Didnt hear from them again after re-appling..

Since this basically comes down to dealing with police, I believe this is relevant.

All citizens should watch the 2 videos at this site:

http://boingboing.net/2008/07/28/law-prof-and-cop-agr.html

First speaker is a law professor and second is a cop; they both agree on not talking to the police.

In a nutshell: If a cop stops you, disengage as soon as possible.

"Am I free to go or am I being detained" is an excellent phrase.

:D john - Maybe, but you're gonna need a lot of gear!

I'm kind of spoiled with city things like restaurants and Innernets, plus I prefer cooler temps. Why I'm spending summer in the mountains instead of desert.

But- I wouldn't rule out some winter time down south.

• HadIt.com Elder

Kelly

I am running vast network of police state resisters from my humble home in Tampa, Florida. I wear a disguise when I go to the grocery store. It is not easy having all this power at my fingertips, but I continue to resist temptation to remind America that "The Revolution will not be Televised". The People United can Never be Defeated!!!! Can I be a revolutionary and still get VA compensation, or will I be whacked by Ninjas working for CIA?

I might go north later this summer to my undergroud HQ as Florida gets hot. I will be wearing my usual fake nose and glasses. The Ninjas are on my trail, but my superb disguise will fake them out.