VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Today Is The Day

Rate this question

Josh

Question

Today is the day my 1151 claim is finally being reviewed by the regional office. Image, it has been more than 17 years since the events occured which are culminating in this review.

Yes Berta, the PVA is representing me on my behalf, and I have spoken with my Rep several times and guiding him through the maze of information. I did get the MRI's to him for review and thankfully he has digital copies printed for presentation. There is NO doubt there was a horrible lack (or very much) communication inthis case.

Carlie, Thank you ever so much for dropping me notes now and then keeping my "spiritual nose" above the water's surface. There has been more than once not only did my spirit get tempted to call it quits, so did my body want to call it quits.

I was told to call at 2:00PM CST to learn more.

I´ll drop the group a note.

If somebody wants it, I can post a copy of my final SSOC answer after I delete the Personal "stuff."

Josh

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If somebody wants it, I can post a copy of my final SSOC answer after I delete the Personal "stuff."

Josh

Josh,

Hi sweetie-pie.

Good to see some action.

Yes, definitely post a copy of the SSOC.

carlie

Josh, Fingers were crossed earlier. Please post your winning SSOC when received.

Also post us your +granting/approval once you are granted. Just a heads up like..."I Finall Won!"

I don't remember the details, but I remember you...good luck, and let us know ~

Hopefully that wont be a SSOC but instead an AWARD letter!

As you know Josh- they give 1151ers lots of problems to overcome.

Even when I won my FTCA claim and sent the VARO a copy of the settlement -the VARO then again DENIED my 1151 claim.

I was so exasperated that they could deny with prime facie evidence from the General Counsel itself-that I called the OGC lawyer I had dealt with and told him the deal was off and I wanted more money.

This lawyer (who sure remembered me recently this year when I again had to get the OGC to send the VARO the laws that refunded my offset) called them immediately and then they sent me an award letter under 1151 which contained a clear admission of the way they caused my husband's death.

I advise and know you have done ths already-tht any 1151er should maintain every single pice of correspondence and evidence they have on a Section 1151 claim-as in my case-my 1151 award of 1998 and all that was documented for it-

became instrumental in gaining my recent AO death claim award.