Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Waiting Time

Rate this question

jsdwd

Question

As of June 4th, my attorney spoke with a person who claimed to be the DRO assigned to my case. They went over the file contents to be sure he had all the relevant material and the lawyers brief and addendum. He did.

So from that point on we wait for him to go through his backlog, get to the file and make a determination. Then that probably goes through a process of review and the final report, disbursement orders (if needed), etc. are prepared.

It's been over a month and I'm wondering what a reasonable waiting time might. To get to this point with the appeal has taken months and had to have a review C & P exam (which I had and have seen the report) and so all requested exams have been done, the lawyers brief are in his hands, so all that wating time has gone by. But once he gets the case, what can be expected?

Any ideas? This is the Oakland VRO (I know times vary from RO to RO quite a bit).

Any info would be helpful. I know everyone says just forget about it, when it comes it comes. But that's easier said than done.

Thanks, John

• Answers 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Ask the call center if they will fax you the info they read on their computer...I have received faxes 3 times, once for another vet(as the vet requested it as I sat by the vet, and the other2 for myself.

One was granted on my latest and one was deferred.

Correct on signatures. When the claim is completed they will send(soc) it to you..they have to sign off prior to sending you the SOC..funny I have gotten $$ in bank and received paper trail later...the VARO said my $$ had not yet been entered into the accounting dept in Oklahoma, and the bank told me the day before this call I had a nice deposit in my bank account!

I recieved the SOC and it states I was awarded 100% with basic dependent education assistance and I was told that means I am P&T.

There is no award letter,I have no clue what my effective dates are and my percentages. No money in the bank.---It makes me think they are going to mess with my retro. I could really use that money right now (couldn't we all).

The call center says I still have issues to be decided and I don't or at least not what they told me was still undecided.

Although my SOC says I am 100% schedular P&T. The call center said I had IU. Really want it in print.

Ruby

One of my DRO hearing requests was filed October 2009. I have added one more DRO request September 2010 to combine them both. I am in San Diego.

I am awaiting a DRO date..

Edited by retiredat44

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg

Dro hearing request i think 8 months ago and still waiting waiting waiting for decision Newark Nj office

"If you want peace, prepare for war"

• HadIt.com Elder

Dro hearing request i think 8 months ago and still waiting waiting waiting for decision Newark Nj office

For me, it's been 20 months and counting, for DRO review.

Good luck with yours.

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

20 months is absurdly long time for a DRO Review. You could have gone to the BVA. The DRO process is to divert BVA cases and settle them locally. It does not work if you have to wait two years. Where have you been hiding Commander?

Today, I talked to my VSO at the regional office in San Diego, she said she expects my DRO hearing to happen as early as November or December..

keep in mind one of my DRO hearing requests was filed in Oct 2009.

One of my DRO hearing requests was filed October 2009. I have added one more DRO request September 2010 to combine them both. I am in San Diego.

I am awaiting a DRO date..

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg