Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Took The Offer

Rate this question

halos2

Question

VSO called within the last 2 hrs and DRO offered 100% IU PT Chapter 35 no future exams if I would drop all of my other claims. Thought about it, talked about it to my good friend Larryj, and to my daughter, and I settled for it today.

If not I was looking forward to 6+ new C&P exams...realizing 1 claim went back to 04, another 05, 2 more 07, and BVA remanded one , and knowing how dirty they have treated me, I asked the eight ball and rolled the dice and got "outlook looks favorable" so I decided I didn't want to risk them taking away what I already had, and took the 100% PT.

I am having second thoughts, but one never knows...it has been consuming me and engulfing me in its grip for all these years...and as we all know with them denying me/declaring me deceased/severing me/low balling me/remanding me...My great advisors said "Follow the yellow brick road to the bank now!"

So I just called my VSO and told him ok as the VA would not use my older TDIU claim dates as they said I was not meeting the criteria for these using those dates but did meet the criteria as of Nov last yr.

So within the last 4 1/2 weeks I went from 50% to 60% to 70% to 100%...

Come on fellow friends tell me you would have accepted this offer.

I am such a "RIGHT" person, and a strong one I was willing to battle on, but the system is not a fair one and they could last longer and hold out longer then I could live, so I accepted the offer also suggested by my VSO.

Why don't I feel great about it now though??

• Answers 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Absolutely!

I would have too! Congrats!

The reason don't don't feel great right now is because you are done messing with them after so long!! What are you going to do now??

Enjoy it! Thats what and have a fine time getting your ID and using base stuff if you want. Get some more insurance and just kick back! And like Joe Namath says in the commercial about the Super Bowl look in the mirror and say I did it!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Bird in hand and not having to mess with these clowns anymore may be the best deal. The only way I would no have accepted it would be if I knew for a fact that I could win a EED that was enough to keep up the fight.

Congrats on your win.

• HadIt.com Elder

because the "let's make a deal" type approach leaves you wondering if you would have gotten more out of them by having "ALL" of your issues dealt with "fairly" on the other hand that 100% P&T is the " gold ring" and if the other issues are not going to be a cause of your death and make a DIC claim harder for your family then I would and HAVE made the same decision at the time I took their "offer" I made it plain that it did NOT cover my CAD and hypertension which had been the first claim I filed and the other 11 issues on the second claim I filed was the only things I agreed to drop none of them had the potential to be deadly like the CAD and hypertension and another 10% for tinnitus or 20% for this and 10% for that was useless

I needed security for my family which the 100% would give me like all veterans and I needed the heart problems SC if I die before I reach the 10 year limit needed for ensuring the wife gets DIC payments and with all my heart problems living another 10 years will be a miracle so I chose to keep fighting the CAD issue and 3 years after agreeing to the 100% P&T for PTSD if I dropped the other 10 issues on the PTSD claim the BVA Judge granted my CAD and hypertension so I am SMC S

you did right in my opinion but yes the game "lets make a deal" sux and they shouldn't be doing it but it seems to be a normal occurence in VARO's around the nation

security is a real motivating factor watch out for the depression that seems to show up when a lot of us realize the fight is finally over it is hard to unwind from the fight factor u did right

• HadIt.com Elder

And someone once said they dont play lets make a deal?

If you have to play the game to survice and it results in 100 percvent P and T with Chapter 35/ champ va. Then go for it.

J