Filed Application 7/20

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My husband filed the same week you did. We went to Social Security and filed for benefits and disability at the same time. He got the forms back last week to fill out about every job he has had in the last fifteen years. Filled them out sent them back. They wanted any medical reports since he filed. Guess we wait and see.

Well I got a one page letter telling me who my contact was about 2 weeks ago and nothing else. Trying to stay patient just hope I did not screw this up. I am 100% and housebound rated by the VA for my heart and PTSD among other issues. While I find it truly hard to feel like I can't do things I realize real soon after trying that I am totally out of shape in body and mind and need to regroup and not sure when that will be if ever.

My cardio doc says to walk but I get out of breath and start having anxiety and panic attacks and just return to my shell and tell my self hey you tried. I know that is not good but that is where I am at this time.

Sure hope it gets better down the road!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Stillhere,

I find I don't walk for exercise outside my home. With arthritic knees, when they are done, I have to be done and away from home that doesn't happen.

However, what I do instead is walk from my computer room, down the hallway to the living room and turn around and come back. I have music up to enjoy and find I can walk 30 minutes just back and forth that little way.

It has helped, because when I get tired, I can just sit.Sometimes depending on how the knees are, I will walk only 5 minutes. Sit for half an hour then walk another few minutes. I still get in 30 minutes, but not all at once.

Just a thought.

Or as that old joke goes....get a small block of wood, put it on the floor and then walk around it.Thus you can tell your doctor you walked once or so around the block. :)

fanaticbooks

Edited by fanaticbooks

Hmmm just went to the SS website to see about my status and it said not available sorry for the inconvenience. Is everybody getting this or just me?

Seems strange but I have heard like nothing in the past couple of weeks.

Still here, I was told it takes an average of three months to hear a reply. Be patient my friend, the answer will come. Should be this month, fingers crossed for you..I have another two to wait,,