Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Arrested At Roanoke Varo

Rate this question

Cruinthe

Question

I friend and I went into the Roanoke VARO yesterday to request a DRO hearing on his claim. In the lobby was one, and only one, person. As soon as my friend and I sat in the lobby, this person sat next to us and began talking about the problems he was having with the VA. He asked for my advice on what to do. I told him the first thing he should do is request a copy of his C&P file. He asked how he could do that, I told him to fill out the standard 4138 and submit it to the clerk. He did so, and within minutes three armed federal protective service guards showed up with two level 8 VA managers. The captain of the detail kept his hand on his service pistol the whole time. The "charge" was solicitation. As soon as my lawyers file the charges against the guilty parties, I will release the hidden camera footage to the media. Should be interesting.

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

ahatcher@wsls.com

This is the email address for Angela Hatcher. Remember her stories on the news of this office.

I posted it on Hadit for all to read.

Good Luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

What were you charged with, Where did they take you. Did you get arraigned? What is the class of the charge?

Interesting scenario.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

That really sucks man. You were set up. I think they will back down, but on the other hand I thought the same thing with Airman Roberts and he got a trip to the Bar S ranch.

Good Luck and I hope it turns out.

J

Well, since my story hit Fox News this spring, the VA is looking at a clear case of retaliation. I agree there is a high degree of probability the "charges" (solicitation is like what, a 4th degree misdemeanor right down there with jay walking) will be dropped. That said, I VERY much want this case to go before a jury. Anyone want to imagine the VA trying to explain to 12 people WHY they are trying to trample a disabled veteran that is doing his best to help his fellow veterans, AND doing it for free?

The VA can function in its own little bubble, but the VA is terrified of being out in the spotlight. Public opinion of the VA is already very low, probably the same as the IRS, so at this point the only thing the VA did was over-extend themselves. It was a big, BIG mistake, and they will pay for it. My lawyer said he will review the counter-charges with me tomorrow, and if we are in agreement, he will file them.

I will keep you all informed.