Rate this topic

LarryJ

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Git R done. Larry the VSO Guy.

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Fax # for phoenix is 602 627 3038

This is great Larry!!!!!

Thanks for helping this vet!

I saw something here this AM that needs to be clarified-in a different post-

With the PH, CIB, or CAR on a DD 214 the VA will almost always concede a stressor occurred.

But it is not an "automatic" award.

If the veteran's other info (such as MOS etc) are consistent with a stressor,then the CAR or CIB denotes combat and the PH denotes Gun Shot wound.

Sometimes for some reason, VA will question a stressor no matter what the DD 214 says as to combat awards.

Larry- did ths vet file the new PTSD claim within the appellate period for the older claim????

To get retro back to the older claim is wonderful and I am surprised to see that result as to his retro.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Commander Bob's PTSD claim was denied even though he got his leg blown off in Vietnam under the most stressful conditions. His claim seems self evident. He and his fellow troops walked into a minefield. Talk about stress. The VA said he was anxious. Yeah, I guess so. His claim is going to the BVA because the VA has dug their heels in saying he never claimed PTSD while in the service. Can you imagine such reasoning? Maybe he will correct me, but I think I have it right.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is great Larry!!!!!

Thanks for helping this vet!

I saw something here this AM that needs to be clarified-in a different post-

With the PH, CIB, or CAR on a DD 214 the VA will almost always concede a stressor occurred.

But it is not an "automatic" award.

If the veteran's other info (such as MOS etc) are consistent with a stressor,then the CAR or CIB denotes combat and the PH denotes Gun Shot wound.

Sometimes for some reason, VA will question a stressor no matter what the DD 214 says as to combat awards.

Larry- did ths vet file the new PTSD claim within the appellate period for the older claim???? No, Berta, he didn't. We turned in his "new" claim, as I said, August 12, two months ago. His "original" PTSD claim was denied in Feb. 2009 and the original claim was filed the latter part of 2008.

To get retro back to the older claim is wonderful and I am surprised to see that result as to his retro. I took it upon myself to file this as a "new" claim, using the 21-526EZ "Fully Developed Claim" form, knowing full well that the VA, having changed the "rules" governing PTSD and the provability or lack thereof, of a certified "stressor event", would not go along with the old claim date, seeing as how it had been over a year, and they had originally denied the first claim because of the "no provable stressor event", so I figgered that we'd just have to start a NEW claim under the NEW rules.

Lo-and-behold, they took the NEW claim as a request to RE-OPEN the old, denied claim. Simply, I suppose, upon the diagnosis of a VA psych of PTSD.................which he ALREADY had possession of, by another VA psych and had been being treated for PTSD in VA MH for the last three years.

Go figger, right?.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use