Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Phone Call From The Ro

Rate this topic

MikeR

I got a phone call at about 11:30 this morning from the Gal in Cleveland working on my file she needed to know the birthdate of my ex-wife. She said that they had a new system and that was the hold up. I gave her the date. My rating will be 60% for the period of time after I divorced so I am still not sure how pertinent the info is as it should not effect my monies. I got a letter from the DAV over the weekend telling me the rating, of course they had the blurb about it being subject to final review and all.

Great Christmas news MikeR. Never Chu Hoi (surrender). Keep fighting the fight. Merry Christmas

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Great Christmas news MikeR. Never Chu Hoi (surrender). Keep fighting the fight. Merry Christmas

Thank you Chu. It is sad we have to fight so hard, it took my Great-great Grandfather 40 years to get his VA Comp after losing his arm in the Civil War.

• HadIt.com Elder

I got a phone call at about 11:30 this morning from the Gal in Cleveland working on my file she needed to know the birthdate of my ex-wife. She said that they had a new system and that was the hold up. I gave her the date. My rating will be 60% for the period of time after I divorced so I am still not sure how pertinent the info is as it should not effect my monies. I got a letter from the DAV over the weekend telling me the rating, of course they had the blurb about it being subject to final review and all.

Congratulations, MikeR. Great Holiday relief. Best wishes in the New Year.

Cmdr. Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• 2 weeks later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

Mike there is no set schedule as the retro is controlled by the Finance and Accounting center. They are usually pretty quick.

Congrats, Buddy you deserve it.

John

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use