• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision Made!

Rate this topic

Sapper

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your win enjoy! Don't forget most states exempt you from property taxes if you own a home. You can also get a tax free card that says you don't have to pay the taxes on most purchases.

/doc

I see that the state of Wisconsin gives a tax credit for your property taxes, so you pay them in, but get them back at the end of the year. I wasn't able to find abything on getting a tax free card for purchases though. I googled it and only saw something for Oklahoma. Maybe I'm missing something. Is that a state or federal benefit? :) Thanks for the info Navydoc!

Congrats on your win enjoy! Don't forget most states exempt you from property taxes if you own a home. You can also get a tax free card that says you don't have to pay the taxes on most purchases.

/doc

congrats, can you tell me how long the period was from when you VSO told you about your decision and the VA actually finalized? I am trying to go through your dates here but having a hard time. I will be visiting your past posts soon here as I want to read on your journey. I have a brown envelope coming on another issue, still nothing. DAV notice on 2/3, va says it went into authorization on 2/17, big date difference, playing the waiting game, mine is in pittsburgh pa.

The American Legion told me the decision was made on the 24th of February. Then they didn't want to give me an answer on what the decision was until it was posted on their network, which it was on the 1st of March. I found out on March 1st, but still no envelope. They say 10-40 days to recieve it, so we'll see. I'll let you know when I do get it in the mail. Hopefully you get your answer soon!

congrats, can you tell me how long the period was from when you VSO told you about your decision and the VA actually finalized? I am trying to go through your dates here but having a hard time. I will be visiting your past posts soon here as I want to read on your journey. I have a brown envelope coming on another issue, still nothing. DAV notice on 2/3, va says it went into authorization on 2/17, big date difference, playing the waiting game, mine is in pittsburgh pa.

Just a new update. Recieved backpay in my bank account as of Midnight today. It's finally feeling true, as I feel like I've been in a dream for the last couple of days. I'm surprised at how fast things are going for me now, after such a wait for the process. I'm finally going to reward my wife with a couple nice things she deserves for being able to put up with me :biggrin:

-Sapper-

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use