Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Possible Gov't Shut Down On Friday

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

This would include the #800, and all staff working on claims, ect?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If government shuts down how will you be able to tell? Will we get mail? Will checks go out? Will congressmen still take bribes?

• HadIt.com Elder

This would include the #800, and all staff working on claims, ect?

Cool I think a shutdown of the 800 number is something that would benefit you.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

the VAMCs would stay open the VAROs not so much I think most VARO employees would be furloughed and all claims processing would stop just like IRS refunds and offices, passports etc none of these employees fall under "essential personnel" air traffic control would still work, TSA would still work etc national parks and museums would all close etc just think no one would be lied to by the 800 numbers or given any mis-information a forced break by all calling that 800 number daily and weekly is a waste of time it does not speed them up

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

the VAMCs would stay open the VAROs not so much I think most VARO employees would be furloughed and all claims processing would stop just like IRS refunds and offices, passports etc none of these employees fall under "essential personnel" air traffic control would still work, TSA would still work etc national parks and museums would all close etc just think no one would be lied to by the 800 numbers or given any mis-information a forced break by all calling that 800 number daily and weekly is a waste of time it does not speed them up

That's if they don't succesfully label us "essential" (excepted personnel). At this pt there's a good chance of that becuz the govt not processing claims & doing something about the backlog, esp. after Sec. Shinseki promised Congress he would "break the back of the backlog", would just be more mud in their eye. We were told to report to work on Mon., whether to get the piece of paper satying we're furloughed or becuz it's business as usual they arent telling us til Fri.

• HadIt.com Elder

good luck on that issue I am sure most veterans and their families would say keeping the claims process moving is essential but I doubt if Congress will agree to that idea

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."