Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C@p Physical

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

Hey all, I just wanted to wish all Moms a Happy Mothers day. I just received a copy of my C&P for ED. I was called a few weeks ago by my regional a hospital to set up an appt. I set the appointment up for the next day, They called back and said the Doc said I didn't need to come to the appt He would just review my record. I was at the hospital today for another issue and noticed a note on the computer about a comp and pen physical. This that copy, I need help understanding what the Doc said. All that least likely and less likely confuses me I need someone to explain it in plain english. Thanks in advance.

Doc...

I considered VA medical records in arriving at the conclusion.

I conclude, after a review of medical records and a review of the medical literature, the veterans alleged erectile dysfunction is less likely as not permanently aggravated or a result of medications used as treatment for the depression and is at least as likely as not a result of factors unrelated to treatment for depression.

What does this mean? lol

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It means unless you have some strong evidence of your own you probably are not going to get SC'ed for ED. "less likely than not" is not good. This doctor is obviously not sympathetic to vets with drug side effects.

That disappointing. I take blood pressure meds which are not service connected and I take depression meds zoloft, trazodone, and klonopin. I guess they are saying it could be the bp meds but I've complained about this issue to the VA before they put me on bp meds. Thanks for your reply.

doc...

• HadIt.com Elder

The C and P grading scale: Verbatum.

Was likely due to: 100 percent sure.

Most likely due to:75 percent sure.

At least as likely: 50 percent sure.

Less likely as not:25 percent sure.

Not likely: 0 percent sure.

Maybe an IMO from another Doctor can put the evidence in equipose and kick in the BOD rule.

Jbasser

That disappointing. I take blood pressure meds which are not service connected and I take depression meds zoloft, trazodone, and klonopin. I guess they are saying it could be the bp meds but I've complained about this issue to the VA before they put me on bp meds. Thanks for your reply.

doc...

Do you know if those complaints are in your VA medical records showing you complained about your problem prior to starting the NSC BP medicine?

68mustang

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't give up!!!!! I, for one, just recently won my claim, for ED, after 10 yrs (and not working hard on an appeal) and received a check for over $10k, retro, deposited in my acct. I had a equally balanced IMO that I offered, over 9 yrs ago, so whatever you do, don't give up. They blamed mine on hypogonadism or low testosterone, causing ED. I also had high BP and alcoholism, both which cause HBP, both of which I, eventually, won SC for. So as I said, never, ever give up!!!!! jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

That low testosterone thing is the newest fad at the VA. They wanted to test me for that and for low vitamin D. They always have some gimmick to account for all problems. If you have DMII or take meds for depression ED is very common.