Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Upgrade Requests

Rate this question

Question

Hello, hope all is well. I have a 40% rating for complications due to pregnancy; however, I have another medical problem which is related. Can I file for an upgrade for that rating? Thanks, God bless you all.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Short answer....yes. You will need to have your new issue service connected as being a secondary issue. Once that is done, you will be compensated for it.

Travis

Well, a couple of weeks ago I filed for an increase in my rating for residuals due to pregnancy as the conditions have gotten worse over the years. I see my VA doctor at the end of June so hopefully she will put more on paper (records). It's kind of embarrassing; however, here goes: I have 40% due to complications from pregnancy because of weak bladder control - the problem has escalated over the years and now I am suffering with weak bowel control and have had to resort to wearing depends 24-7. We thought it was hemmroids (sp); however, the doctor said it was because of weakened muscles and also it is not hemmroids (sp) but actually prolapsed rectum. Yuck! Hope this was not too much information but hey, if I can't talk about it here, where can i go?

• HadIt.com Elder

You can talk about it here you would be surprised at what is posted on Hadit but we are all adults and these are real medical problems. Hadit is here to find out how to deal with VA. Not only that but thousands will be able to read and learn from your situation.

I agree with travhill and would request that VA consider your secondary conditions and increase your rating, One thing though the VA will look at everything and they can change a rating up or down or leave it the same.

If I were you I would wait until more Members have posted and than go with what you think is best for you. Any request for a change does trigger a review and usually the VA will either increase or leave the same but they will tell you why and you can take it from there.

Good luck and a 50% rating or link your problem will make the VA pay for your depends. I know that adult depends are really quite expensive.

Pete

Maybe I am a little too paranoid but your post is about an embarrassing situation but believe it or not it is a small world. My only question would be, is your avatar a picture of you? If someone sees your picture they will be able to know who you are. I would never personally put my face on-line for any reason. Yes, we are here to help but keep in mind that some people are not here to help.

Hope the best

Thanks, but I've been on this site long enough to know those I really trust with giving me good advice. Don't let the pic fool you - I am a crusty, retired 1SG!

Thanks, but I've been on this site long enough to know those I really trust with giving me good advice. Don't let the pic fool you - I am a crusty, retired 1SG!

top,

I snagged this recent photo of you off of face book.

post-60-0-53072000-1307293782_thumb.jpg