Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Info On Ship Used For Testing

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

Does anyone know if the U.S.S. Keppler (DD 765) was in any type of testing program during the years 1967-1969? Such as testing the use of certain chemicals. Thanks.

68mustang

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Does anyone know if the U.S.S. Keppler (DD 765) was in any type of testing program during the years 1967-1969? Such as testing the use of certain chemicals. Thanks.

68mustang

I could not find a spacific test, but she was firing on shore batteries in Viet Nam in 1967. I cant seem to figure why she is not onthe Blue Water AO list.

J

This site contains the AUSN list:

http://www.ausn.org/NewsPublications/AUSNNews/tabid/2165/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/418/Navy-Ships-in-Vietnam-Herbicide-Exposure.aspx

“Compensation and Pension (C&P) Service has initiated a program to collect data on Vietnam naval operations for the purpose of providing regional offices with information to assist with development in Haas related disability claims based on herbicide exposure from Navy Veterans. To date, we have received verification from various sources showing that a number of offshore “blue water” naval vessels conducted operations on the inland “brown water” rivers and delta areas of Vietnam. We have also identified certain vessel types that operated primarily or exclusively on the inland waterways. The ships and dates of inland waterway service are listed below. If a Veteran’s service aboard one of these ships can be confirmed through military records during the time frames specified, then exposure to herbicide agents can be presumed without further development. “

You might want to check the BWN list at Bluewaternavy.org as well.

I could not find a spacific test, but she was firing on shore batteries in Viet Nam in 1967. I cant seem to figure why she is not onthe Blue Water AO list.

J

Thank you all for the responses. The ship took a direct hit on one of it five inch gun mounts. I went aboard it when it returned from Vietnam.

68mustang

Edited by 68mustang

This site contains the AUSN list:

http://www.ausn.org/...e-Exposure.aspx

"Compensation and Pension (C&P) Service has initiated a program to collect data on Vietnam naval operations for the purpose of providing regional offices with information to assist with development in Haas related disability claims based on herbicide exposure from Navy Veterans. To date, we have received verification from various sources showing that a number of offshore "blue water" naval vessels conducted operations on the inland "brown water" rivers and delta areas of Vietnam. We have also identified certain vessel types that operated primarily or exclusively on the inland waterways. The ships and dates of inland waterway service are listed below.

If a Veteran's service aboard one of these ships can be confirmed through military records during the time frames specified, then exposure to herbicide agents can be presumed without further development. "

You might want to check the BWN list at Bluewaternavy.org as well.

The part of Berta's post above, that I bolded and underlined above, is what I based my earlier thoughts

on - in our PM's. I was just thinking it may be something for you to research in relationship to your

CAD.

The part of Berta's post above, that I bolded and underlined above, is what I based my earlier thoughts

on - in our PM's. I was just thinking it may be something for you to research in relationship to your

CAD.

Thanks Carlie.

68mustang

I spent quite a bit of time and found lots on this ship but then it hit me what you posted here:

"I went aboard it when it returned from Vietnam"

I now assume you are not a Blue Water veteran.