Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Disability Payments

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I check the e-benefits site every month starting about a week before the end of the month too check the posting before I schedule any bill payments. Not to alarm anyone, but does anyone here know whether is a week, or 5 days before its posted. I tried to call but the line is busy. Perhaps they are waiting to get an approval whether or to post this .:wacko:

i can confirm that my july check was deposited late monday night. my netspend account releases money into my account as soon as the va puts it there. its usually 4 business days before the first of the month.

Im with Pete. I dont like facebook or most of those sites that want you to register. I usually means you have to allow cookies, then your name is sold so that everyone in the world knows your email address and all your business. While, of course, I register at hadit, it is because I trust Tbird not to sell my name to "junk mail" sellers. More than one person I know "got into trouble" with facebook posts for one reason or another.

Yes, Big red and Bonzai, I am aware of changes to SS so that everyone does not get a check on the first anymore. But, VA checks at least USED to come on the first of each month. I am preparing for the worst, but hoping for the best.

I am more than a bit disgusted at politicians of both parties, and especially the president, for putting Vets and seniors in this very scary position. It would appear to be all based on "pride". And, "Pride goes before the fall". The politicians are using our lives as bargaining tools to fullfill their own agenda.

The answer was very obvious to me, but apparently to no one else. If the president wants tax increases, he should have signed the bill like it was, and sought tax hikes on the rich in seperate legislation. He did not want to do that, he would rather hold seniors and Vets hostage, so that he can get the agenda he wants. So pridefull.

Broncovet, I normally don't get involved in politics, but I feel compel to answer you on this. I have to disagree with you on this. It's the republicans who have held vets in seniors, etc. hostage concerning this debt ceiling. Every president including Ronald Reagan has been allowed to raise the debt ceiling without any fan fare. Now because the republicans are bent on making this president a failure that's why they are giving the American people and the president a hard time about raising the debt ceiling. The debt ceiling and the budget are two separate items and one does not have to do with the other. All the other presidents before this president was allowed to raise the debt ceiling. Why not allow this president to do so.

You state: "If the president wants tax increases, he should have signed the bill like it was, and sought tax hikes on the rich in seperate legislation. He did not want to do that, he would rather hold seniors and Vets hostage, so that he can get the agenda he wants. So pridefull." I'm glad he didn't sign that bill because it would of effective the vets, and social security cuts when it came to COLA, and other seniors and poor people.

What people need to be complaining about and demand that they close the loop holes on Gas & Oil Companies as well as Corporations.

President Obama inherited this mess. Remember Bill Clinton left us with a surplus and President Bush got us in this debt. So don't blame President Obama.

Good Grief. Clinton left us with a surplus because he had a GOP congress. I swear how long are you going to blame Bush. Prior to the Democrats taking over in 2007, we really did not have a bad spending policy, could have been better, but not like it is now. Obama is spending money so fast that if it was a credit card it would be blazing. With Bush gas was under $1.90 a gallon, and under Obama it has it $4.00 a gallon. Unemployment was a lot lower under Bush. Bush and Clinton were pro-business, Obama is anti-business. I do agree with you on eliminating the loop holes for oil companies and corporation, but setting a one simple rate for all, and not play politics with it.

Papa

Wonder how fast we will get deleted :biggrin:

Broncovet, I normally don't get involved in politics, but I feel compel to answer you on this. I have to disagree with you on this. It's the republicans who have held vets in seniors, etc. hostage concerning this debt ceiling. Every president including Ronald Reagan has been allowed to raise the debt ceiling without any fan fare. Now because the republicans are bent on making this president a failure that's why they are giving the American people and the president a hard time about raising the debt ceiling. The debt ceiling and the budget are two separate items and one does not have to do with the other. All the other presidents before this president was allowed to raise the debt ceiling. Why not allow this president to do so.

You state: "If the president wants tax increases, he should have signed the bill like it was, and sought tax hikes on the rich in seperate legislation. He did not want to do that, he would rather hold seniors and Vets hostage, so that he can get the agenda he wants. So pridefull." I'm glad he didn't sign that bill because it would of effective the vets, and social security cuts when it came to COLA, and other seniors and poor people.

What people need to be complaining about and demand that they close the loop holes on Gas & Oil Companies as well as Corporations.

President Obama inherited this mess. Remember Bill Clinton left us with a surplus and President Bush got us in this debt. So don't blame President Obama.

Carlie

Im not sure what you are saying here. Does this mean you dont want Vets expressing their concerns here about whether or not we will get paid in August or September, and you want them to go to facebook instead?

Also, I noticed you did not provide the link to "the facebook site to voice their concerns about their VA benefits in jeapodry"

bronco and all,

Sure - members can "express their concerns here about whether or not we will get paid

in August or September". If people make a choice to bring in the 'Politics" as YOU were the first one to do so

(followed by other's) this topic is now closed.

I did not post a facebook link because all one has to do is go to facebook and enter VA benefits into search

and there are several pages to make reply's, to voice their concerns on this issue.

bronco - another request please - if you are going to quote someone and put it in quotes - then actually

quote exactly what was posted.

I posted -

"to voice their concerns about feeling their

benefits are now in jeopardy, due to the current budget difficulties. "

In what you quoted me as posting - you mis-spelled jeopardy. Not a biggie by any means

but also - not an accurate quote by any means.