Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Disability Payments

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I check the e-benefits site every month starting about a week before the end of the month too check the posting before I schedule any bill payments. Not to alarm anyone, but does anyone here know whether is a week, or 5 days before its posted. I tried to call but the line is busy. Perhaps they are waiting to get an approval whether or to post this .:wacko:

I check the e-benefits site every month starting about a week before the end of the month too check the posting before I schedule any bill payments. Not to alarm anyone, but does anyone here know whether is a week, or 5 days before its posted. I tried to call but the line is busy. Perhaps they are waiting to get an approval whether or to post this .:wacko:

COOL BREEZE,

I have been trying to figure out the same thing. No one could give me a straight answer. `1 800 said that since the payments are for the 1st, and the bill has to be sign by the 2nd than we should get our payment, but they really don't know and that they have sent the paper work over to the treasury.

I HOPE WE GET OUR PAYMENT ON TIME.

Reddit; i thought it usually be in e-benefits by now.

• HadIt.com Elder

SSA payments come out on the 3rd I think. If those payments are not made you will hear some noise. I think we will get ours this time at least. I just cannot imagine they are going to stiff us if they want to keep their jobs. They will make some deal that possibly screws us in the long term but covers the debt ceiling in the short term. VA compensation is not mandatory spending. I don't think any policitican has the guts to stiff disabled vets and surviving spouses. I can see a picture of an 80 year old surviving spouse telling the camera she is being tossed out of her apartment because the VA did not pay her this month.

• HadIt.com Elder

Not to be a wet blanket but VA payments are electronically sent about 3-4 days before the first of the month, so there's no reason they shouldn't be there. But you folks can continue to worry, as it gives you something to do and helps cause others to worry. Wouldn't it be better to try and get a life??? The sky is falling, the sky is falling . . . . jmo

pr

This would be a heads up for everyone to check to make sure they are posted before you do any automatic payments for peace of mind. They are waiting to get confirmation before its posted on e-benefits like it is usually done.

Of course this is a cause of possible worry, why wouldn't it be with what has been going on!

This is the first time in, well, forever, when anyone was ever concerned they may not get their government check. If this is a scare tactic by the president, then its sick. If its not, and it isnt going to happen, then why did the president rattle the whole world?

While I agree with PR that the sky isnt falling, the president sure made us think so when he said, " he could not guarantee checks on August 1." I cant remember a single president ever trying to get the country in an uproar over something trivial, meaningless, or unlikely to happen.

Stay tuned for the next episode of "American Politics" to see if we get our Septemeber check, regardless of the outcome of the check which is supposed to arrive August 1.