Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Va Math-wwii

Rate this question

rb2476

Question

HELLO,

I WAS WONDERING IF SOMEONE COULD DOUBLE CHECK THIS, I DID THE MATH, AS INSTRUCTED, NEED ASSISTANCE.

DISS. LISTED IN THIS ORDER

20% WOUND FOREARM SC PENTRATIONS WITH F.B.

20% SC SHELL FRAG. WOUNDS MULTIPULE LEFT UPPER EXTREM. WITH LIMITATION OF ABDUCTION

30% SC PARALYSIS INCOMPLETE COMMON PERONEAL NERVE

30% SC ANKYLOSIS LEFT KNEE WITH FLEXION LIMITED TO 150 DEGREES

30% SC RESIDUALS SHELL FRAGMENT WOUND, LEFT THIGH WITH F.B.

20% SC OSTER MYELITIS LEFT FIBULA

30% SC RESIDUALS OF SHELL FRAGMENT WOUND RIGHT FOREARM

10% SC TINNITUS

0 % SC RENAL LITHIASIS RATED NO PERCENT

THESE ARE MY DADS DISS. RATING AFTER BEING 100 % FOR 4 YEARS, AND THEN RE-RATED-

HOWEVER THE OUTLINE OF MATERIAL EVIDENCE THAT WAS SENT IN 2 MONTHS PRIOR TO THIS NEW RATING IS OVER 3 PAGES OF WOUNDS FRACTURES BREAKS, PARALYSIS, ATROPHY THIGH AND CALF, SCARS RADIO OPAQUE MATERIAL,MATALLIC FOREIGN BODIES, MATALLIC DUST, AND MUCH MORE, THE WOUND DISCRIPTION ALONE IS 2 PAGES. THE REST IS KIDNEYS HEARING FLEXATION, ROTATION,BROKEN BONES, FRACTURES AND SO FORTH., NOT TO MENTION A JEEP ACCIDENT WHILE DOING FIRST TOUR IN THE ARMY, THEN TRANSFERING TO THE ARMY AIR CORP, PLOIESTI OIL FIELDS, SHOT DOWN AUG 10 1944, POW ROMANIA.

MY DAD MADE IT HOME 91 LBS, AND LIVED TO THE AGE OF 46 YEARS, DIED OF A MASSIVE HEART ATTACK IN 1965. I SPOKE WITH THE POW CORDINATOR, I HAVE ASKED TO REVIEW HIS RECORDS WITH MY MOTHER, AS I JUST GOT MY MOM AWARDED HER DIC AWARD AT AGE 80YRS, OAKLAND HAS PUT ME OFF BACK TO A LOCAL OFFICE IN MODESTO, CA. WHICH I HAVE ALREADY GONE TO. OAKLAND FIRST TOLD ME THAT THEY HAD TO GET THE REST OF HIS RECORDS FROM SAN BRUNO CA. THEN THEY SAID THEY HAD NO MEDICAL RECORDS, WHAT SO EVER. THEY DIDNT BURN IN THE FIRE OUR LAST NAME STARTS WITH A C. MY DAD WENT FROM ITALY-ROMANIA-BACK TO BARI ITALY HOSPITAL, HOSPITAL SHIP TO USA, HOSPITAL IN THE CAROLINA'S, HOSPITAL IN CALIF, HAMMOND. SO WHERE WOULD HIS MEDICAL RECORDS BE? I TOLD THEM THAT I HAD THE V.A. BOARD MEDICAL RECORDS, MY MOTHER SAVED EVERYTHING. HE STILL WOULD'NT SEE US.

WHAT CAN I DO?

RENEE-rb2476

:unsure:

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Get some assistance from your Congressional representatives. They'll want the explanation in writing, so it might be a good idea to assemble that now.

Your mom just got her DIC?

I assume that -since he died in 1965- she did not file within a year after death and then re-opened her claim?

If that is the case -she would not be eligible for any retro amount on DIC or accrued benefits-

I would sure try the Social Security Administration- try the local office first- as they might well have all of his military records.

I assume that your mom gets SSA retirement or disability- they have to know that she is getting this benefit and that it- most likely -is based on his work history-not hers -so I would try the SSA office where she first applied for SSA as a widow or as a retired person.

What I mean is his records are probably in a file associated with her SSA benefits-if she receives SSA.

Due to the Privacy Act, your mother will have to speak to or write to SSA herself,unless she has somehow appointed you with a POA that would allow you to contact them for her.

I am confused as to your question-

How would these records or his VA SC rating benefit her now?

Men and women- regardless of what you eventually might die from-

tell your spouses to apply for DIC and VA pension- they should fill out the entire 21-534 form- and check off that they are claiming service connected death-

They should do this within the first year after your death-and regardless of what the death certificate says as to cause of death-

I have a widow who I sent the 21-534, and additional forms and info to 2 months after her husband died and she said she would fill it all out and contact my vet rep here in NY_

She called me 2 weeks ago- he has been gone over a year and she still has not even opened the packet of forms-and never called my vet rep -

she has lost-with a potential SC death- over a year of retro DIC and any accrued benefits.

38 USC 5121 © , 38 CFR 3.1000© , Quiamco V Brown,1994 and Romeo V. Brown, 1993

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Renee

It really doesn't matter what his award was, for DIC purposes, as Berta said.

However, with the information you provided, there is no ACCURATE way of computing his rating. He obviously is bilateral for upper extremities, but how about the lower extremities? Are they bilateral too?

To simplify, is the peroneal nerve damage affecting BOTH lower extremities??? If so that would add all the leg awards into the bilateral pot, which would make for a significant increase.

W/O the LEs being bilateral, it would be 92% rounded to 90. If the LEs are bilateral, it would be 96% rounded to 100%

Fight the VA as if they are the enemy; for they are!

Erin go Bragh

HELLO AGAIN,

I AM NEW, SO IM STILL TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO USE THE SITE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY,

I WAS TOLD THAT HAD MY DAD BEEN 100% AT TIME OF DEATH, THAT MY MOTHER THEN WOULD FOR SURE BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE BACK PAY. BECASUE HE WAS A POW, ALSO RATED AT EITHER 60% OR 70% MOST POW WILL BE PUT UP TO 100%. IM IN A HURRY AS I HAVE A MEETING AT 9;00 WILL WRITE BACK IN DETAIL WHEN I GET HOME.

RENEE

BERTA,

MY MOTHER DID APPLY, THE FOLLOWING MONTH AFTER MY FATHERs DEATH, SHE RECIEVED SSI $38,00 PER MONTH FOR MY BROTHER AND ALSO FOR MYSELF, THEN SHE RETURNED TO WORK, ONE YEAR AFTER HIS DEATH, SHE also SOLD HIS TOOLs FROM THE BUSINESS HE HAD, THE V.A. SAID SHE MADE TOO MUCH MONEY IN 1967, AS SHE DIDNT WANT TO DO ANYTHING WRONg AND LISTED INCOME FOR THE SALE OF THE TOOLS, IT WAS $2000.00 THE VA SENT HER A LETTER SAYING SHE HAD 0 AWARD DUE, SO SHE THOUGHT THAT SHE HAD NOTHING MORE COMMING TO HER.

Your mom just got her DIC?

I assume that -since he died in 1965- she did not file within a year after death and then re-opened her claim?

If that is the case -she would not be eligible for any retro amount on DIC or accrued benefits-

I would sure try the Social Security Administration- try the local office first- as they might well have all of his military records.

I assume that your mom gets SSA retirement or disability- they have to know that she is getting this benefit and that it- most likely -is based on his work history-not hers -so I would try the SSA office where she first applied for SSA as a widow or as a retired person.

What I mean is his records are probably in a file associated with her SSA benefits-if she receives SSA.

Due to the Privacy Act, your mother will have to speak to or write to SSA herself,unless she has somehow appointed you with a POA that would allow you to contact them for her.

I am confused as to your question-

How would these records or his VA SC rating benefit her now?

Men and women- regardless of what you eventually might die from-

tell your spouses to apply for DIC and VA pension- they should fill out the entire 21-534 form- and check off that they are claiming service connected death-

They should do this within the first year after your death-and regardless of what the death certificate says as to cause of death-

I have a widow who I sent the 21-534, and additional forms and info to 2 months after her husband died and she said she would fill it all out and contact my vet rep here in NY_

She called me 2 weeks ago- he has been gone over a year and she still has not even opened the packet of forms-and never called my vet rep -

she has lost-with a potential SC death- over a year of retro DIC and any accrued benefits.

38 USC 5121 © , 38 CFR 3.1000© , Quiamco V Brown,1994 and Romeo V. Brown, 1993