Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Hell Yes !

Rate this topic

Shellback-

I kind of had a similiar situation when my claim was approved. I was awarded for 2 SC issues and 2 others were deferred. I sent in required forms to start receiving the additional $ for my husband & children. The VA responded back that they were going to wait on the deferred claims to be rated before paying for my dependents. It took 18 months before this happened. I hope your goes through in a more timely manner.

Congrats on your 40%. I love hearing good news.

You know you have grown old when you hear your favorite song in an elevator.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of had a similiar situation when my claim was approved. I was awarded for 2 SC issues and 2 others were deferred. I sent in required forms to start receiving the additional $ for my husband & children. The VA responded back that they were going to wait on the deferred claims to be rated before paying for my dependents. It took 18 months before this happened. I hope your goes through in a more timely manner.

Congrats on your 40%. I love hearing good news.

That is good to know-did they send you the forms with your envelope that arrived ? or did You just send 21-686c info in on Your own ? and did they pay on the 2 You were awarded on up front along with % bump up or was that on hold also ? Thanks for Your information !!

!! nothing that a ride on the old Harley can't fix !!

That is good to know-did they send you the forms with your envelope that arrived ? or did You just send 21-686c info in on Your own ? and did they pay on the 2 You were awarded on up front along with % bump up or was that on hold also ? Thanks for Your information !!

First I sent in the 21-686c, marriage & birth certificates after receiving the envelope from the VA with official notification. Stupid me thought that I would start receiving additional pay for the dependants right away. Nope! Called 1-800# about 2 months later and they had no record of receiving form & certificates. Mailed them again certified and another set mailed through local DAV office. I even had to send in proof of my husband's divorce of previous wife. That held up things a bit because he didn't keep any of that and had to track her down. Luckily, she's military as well and was helpful.

The 2 SC claims that were rated did start paying right away BUT w/o dependants. So, when the other 2 deferred claims were rated I received a retro check that included all the back dependant pay as well as the 10% increase in disability.

I hope that makes sense..i don't often explain myself well.

You know you have grown old when you hear your favorite song in an elevator.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use