Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

...been Answered!

Rate this topic

Gmaan23

You are entitled to 100% VA medical care and prescriptions when you are 50% or above. Dental care comes with a 100% sc.

At 24 years old, you seem to have a strong desire for a positive future. I applaud you and wish you well.

And, Thank you for your service...

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations & best wishes on your future.

Sounds like you have a great plan and supportive family to help you stay motivated.

I love that you want to give back and help others

quote "I served my country now it's time for me to serve my fellow Americans that have given thanks to me."

Sounds like you will be very successful & Happy if you keep that attitude.

Thank u both for the words of encouragement... I really have a positive outlook on things now that I have finally realized this is the start to my future and any way I can help my fellow veterans so be it. I am currently trying to get my buddy who works with me in security to apply for his VA claim as well. He was active army for four years and I do believe he is also entitled to some kind of compensation for his PTSD....

Congratulations & best wishes on your future Gmaan23

If you served after 9/11 you should have the Post 9/11 GI Bill (so look into that http://www.gibill.va.gov/) and if you are a full-time student you also in addition receive a housing allowance. Social Security has a Work Incentives Planning and Assistance program (WIPA) Social Security Info

However the SSA and VA 70% can stop at anytime so please open a Roth IRA and start putting some of your money away each year. (for rainy days) just an FYI.

Again Congratulations!!!

Edited by Medic

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations & best wishes on your future Gmaan23

If you served after 9/11 you should have the Post 9/11 GI Bill (so look into that http://www.gibill.va.gov/) and if you are a full-time student you also in addition receive a housing allowance. Social Security has a Work Incentives Planning and Assistance program (WIPA) Social Security Info

However the SSA and VA 70% can stop at anytime so please open a Roth IRA and start putting some of your money away each year. (for rainy days) just an FYI.

Again Congratulations!!!

So now that I have finally realized that I am now 70 percent and am now back to reality. I now have an orientation for department of voc rehab and it's just going to get better and better. Hopefully I will be able to get school paid for because God knows how much money I have spent trying to finish up my degree. Hopefully I get positive news at the voc rehab orientation telling me that I can finally finish up school and not struggle or stress to find a way to pay for it

Oh yeah... Thank you everybody once again for all your kind and encouraging words... It really does make a difference.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use