Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod Increase Was Approved

Rate this question

68mustang

Question

I started my VA claims back in 1990. I was denied several times, but have kept chugging along filing more claims. Finally in 2005 a claim for tinnitus was approved with virtually the same evidence that I had previously used in other claims. It seems regulations on tinnitus had changed in my favor. One more claim was approved, but at a lower rating than what I felt it should have been rated at. I filed an NOD and before the year was up I received a call from the RO asking if I wanted another C&P exam for what I had put the NOD in for. I said yes as long as I could continue the NOD should the C&P exam not help to get my rating increased. I received a call today that my NOD for an increase has been approved. And like everyone else says I'll believe it when I see it in writing and the retro that goes with it.

Let me just say that when I joined hadit I was not very informed on how the VA worked. After posting on the forums I received directions on how to proceed with my claims. I did have VSOs, but what helped was the input I got on hadit and using that input on the paperwork I filed with my claims. This is to thank all the members who offered their input

and to say I could not have done it without you. I sincerely mean that. This will not be the end of my quest, but rather a continuation of it. The more I learn on these forums I find that I do have more VA claims issues that need resolving. Again thanks for members being there when I needed the help. I hope that many more members receive that phone call or letter telling them their claims have been approved. It may take some time, but NEVER GIVE UP and KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT!

68mustang

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Always glad to read that someone's made it through the fire-line! Congrats!

68mustang,,, WELL DONE,,,,,,Congrats. Your battle has been a long one and shows that all Vets need to dig in and try and be patient. Something that is hard to do. I look forward to posting one day some good news as you have. As Carlie pointed out , check on your benefits package so you get what you have earned. You were very diligent and hopefully others will see that from your good news. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Congratulations on your win. Stand strong, keep fighting, and your HADIT friends will provide you with any ammunition you need to win your war with the VA. SEMPER FI

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Good on you for the FIGHT !! Glad you won your claim ;-) ~Wings