VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Upcoming Review Of All Disability Claims?

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

Post #27 at the URL below on the NYTimes web site is by a vet who says his VA doctor told him there is a planned upcoming review soon of all disability claims with an aim to cutting benefits wherever possible. Has anyone heard anything about this ? I was expecting such a thing but didn't think it would happen until after the 2012 election.

http://community.nytimes.com/comments/www.nytimes.com/2011/11/14/opinion/krugman-vouchers-for-veterans-and-other-bad-ideas.html?sort=oldest&offset=2

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

slangpdx - please don't come here and yell "fire!" Think about what you're saying. The VA can't deal w/the backlog of claims, so how could they possibly do this type of review???!!! Someday down the road, perhaps, but I wouldn't worry now. jmo

pr

Post #27 at the URL below on the NYTimes web site is by a vet who says his VA doctor told him there is a planned upcoming review soon of all disability claims with an aim to cutting benefits wherever possible. Has anyone heard anything about this ? I was expecting such a thing but didn't think it would happen until after the 2012 election.

http://community.nytimes.com/comments/www.nytimes.com/2011/11/14/opinion/krugman-vouchers-for-veterans-and-other-bad-ideas.html?sort=oldest&offset=2

Post #27 at the URL below on the NYTimes web site is by a vet who says his VA doctor told him there is a planned upcoming review soon

of all disability claims with an aim to cutting benefits wherever possible.

Has anyone heard anything about this ?

I was expecting such a thing but didn't think it would happen until after the 2012 election.

http://community.nyt...oldest&offset=2

slang,

This is nothing but he said / she said BS.

Someone posting on a web site what their interpretation, of their psychiatrist interpretation,

of something that possibly could happen.

VBA can't handle what they have now, not only that - but if any claimant that is not P&T

or for that matter - not yet covered by the 10/20 year rules of protection

THEY ARE ALREADY (and always have been)

fair game for the VBA to do a review, any danged time they desire to do so.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Considering the VA's past record, anything is possible.

Pure conjecture on my part- - -

The VA has a large number of new hires that are not ready/qualified to work existing or new claims. The training process is going to take time, and many of the experienced people that need to be involved in the training process are mostly tied up in getting cases out the door. What better task than to have the trainees review older claims, and suggest that some of the claims need to be considered for reductions. Do you think that "consider for increase" will be ignored, or just not done? <G>

slangpdx - please don't come here and yell "fire!" Think about what you're saying. The VA can't deal w/the backlog of claims, so how could they possibly do this type of review???!!! Someday down the road, perhaps, but I wouldn't worry now. jmo

pr

I believe you are overestimating the difficulty of the "new" claims yet at the same time underestimating the ease of those "older" claims.

If your goal is to generate an SPF of NODs and appeals, this would be the way to do it. I mean, if you're not qualified to rate it, how can you be qualified to suggest to reduce it?

Considering the VA's past record, anything is possible.

Pure conjecture on my part- - -

The VA has a large number of new hires that are not ready/qualified to work existing or new claims. The training process is going to take time, and many of the experienced people that need to be involved in the training process are mostly tied up in getting cases out the door. What better task than to have the trainees review older claims, and suggest that some of the claims need to be considered for reductions. Do you think that "consider for increase" will be ignored, or just not done? <G>