Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

P&t

Rate this question

RuskiLinguist

Question

I am curious if P&T requires a seperate application or claim? I am 100% which takes care of the T, but how should I approach the P portion which gets me the benefits that I am already paying for, i.e. my daughter to go to school?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Sincerely,

Ruski

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I am curious if P&T requires a seperate application or claim? I am 100% which takes care of the T,

but how should I approach the P portion which gets me the benefits that I am already paying for, i.e. my daughter to go to school?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Sincerely,

Ruski

What are you SC'd for - at what percentages for each and how long have you

held the ratings ?

I was only recently able to reconnect with my content. Carlie, My rating is 100% for Service Connected PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder and Alcohol Abuse(due to MST which occurred in 1994, but only evaluated in 2009) It was reevaluated in 2011 and remains at 100%. I am also 20% for ulcers (rated in 1998), 10% for spinal injury (also evaluated in 1998). I am sure I could get another 30% for the tinitus and a few other conditions, but I'm not inclined to gain extra percentages as that makes me feel greedy and no additional $$ would come my way.

In my latest evaluation, the RO determined that I am not permanent and total because "there is a likelihood of improvement " if I continue to "show dedication to sobriety and have yet to try more intense treatment (i.e. residential PTSD program or residential substance abuse program) with regular compliance to my medication.

The report from the C&P doc was "Veteran will have PTSD for a long time. However he is now newly and fully sober...he has also never been through a residential PTSD, substance abuse program and so it is POSSIBLE (caps added for emphasis) his symptoms will improve with the above steps (see residential treatment comments). It is my medical opinion that the veterans contention is not at this point in time total and permanent as he might improve over time with dedicated sobriety; intense treatment and with more regular compliance of psych meds".

the appropriate wording as quoted in her write up was an admission of regular compliance with intermittent non-compliance with psych meds due to memory failures.

I know that NO attorney will ever take my case, because there is no back pay involved. But I want to know how to get the rest of the benefits that I have suffered for while my kids are still young enough to need them, and I am still in need enough to not give up hope!

I am sorry for the length of this explanation, but I know full disclosure is always better than selective disclosure ;-)

Sincerely, your Personal Translator for Anything Slavik. RuskiLinguist