VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nightmares

Rate this topic

Lots of love from a woman who has gone through it for 40 plus years. medication lots of crown royal,and my bandido club brothers.

but it still there and its good at times and hell at times. Good luck !!!!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can only tell you what has worked for me. cut out the booze . it puts you to sleep but don't allow you good sleep . i drank every night for 25 years . when i got on some mild drugs wellbutrin, propranol, prazosin, trazodone, buspirone, etc. i was able to quit drinking completely. i,m now sleeping better than i have in 40 years. remember how good we have it . 41 years ago today i was on my way to vietnam. our sister flight crashed in alaska the the next day. thinking of them and their familes.

Edited by cbtvet

Sleep is tuff word! I lost it long ago and fought for it with drug's and drinking. There was always something I had that pulled me threw that terrible time for 40 something years.

My Mother, but then I found out, it was God. I still fight a lot of demon's, But I "always" will have that light! Of coarse I have a beautiful Wife that support's me!:rolleyes:

Sleep is tuff word! I lost it long ago and fought for it with drug's and drinking. There was always something I had that pulled me threw that terrible time for 40 something years.

My Mother, but then I found out, it was God. I still fight a lot of demon's, But I "always" will have that light! Of coarse I have a beautiful Wife that support's me!:rolleyes:

I also have the dreams, but I call them night mares. I wake up in a cold sweat, I get up walk around in the house and check all the doors to make sure they are locked and calm down and I go back to bed and toss and turn till I fall back off. I will have this about 3-4 times a month. I have been to the MH @the VA and in group session and waiting to see the big head doctor.

Thanks all, again. Reading your posts have been most helpful today. I just spoke with my wife; said she got very little sleep last night. I got up twice with bouts of cramping, etc. Not a good night. I've got to figure out how to get this to work right.