Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va C&p Pay Increase

Rate this question

Leap

Question

I'm hearing Rumors of a 3.6 - 3.7 % Pay Increase... Social Security's website shows a 3.6% on the COLA, effective Jan 1, 2012. It's been 2 years since we've seen a pay increase, and VA Pay usually falls in line with SSI.

Are we getting a Pay Increase on our monthly pay?

USAF Security Forces - SOCOM

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Yes, the "pay raise" for VA compensation will be 3.6%, and you will see the increase in the January 1, 2012 payment.

However, I have difficulty calling it a "pay raise" because, surprisingly, it is the same as the COLA that Social Security and retired military pay recipients get. So, I'd think of this as more of a COLA.

As for actual "pay raises", the Dole-Shalala Commission and the Veterans Disability Benefits Commission (both released in 2007) recommended compensation for Quality of Life Issues; I'd call THAT a pay raise!

Here is a link http://veterans.sena...95-607668af18fb to a relatively short discussion of QOL Issues.

I'm hearing Rumors of a 3.6 - 3.7 % Pay Increase... Social Security's website shows a 3.6% on the COLA, effective Jan 1, 2012. It's been 2 years since we've seen a pay increase, and VA Pay usually falls in line with SSI.

Are we getting a Pay Increase on our monthly pay?

Any Cent in my Pocket is going to Help... Thanks for the Info!

USAF Security Forces - SOCOM

• HadIt.com Elder

JVRE

I agree with your logic. A cola is just supposed to keep you even with the cost of living. It is not a true raise. When I worked for the post office we got contractual raises and we got a yearly cola. It got bad with 2% raises and "bonus" payments but we always had the cola. If you don't get a cola you are not standing stil, but you are going backwards in standard of living.

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually, it should be deposited on 12/30/11, as January 1st is always a holiday.

pr

Yes, the "pay raise" for VA compensation will be 3.6%, and you will see the increase in the January 1, 2012 payment.

However, I have difficulty calling it a "pay raise" because, surprisingly, it is the same as the COLA that Social Security and retired military pay recipients get. So, I'd think of this as more of a COLA.

As for actual "pay raises", the Dole-Shalala Commission and the Veterans Disability Benefits Commission (both released in 2007) recommended compensation for Quality of Life Issues; I'd call THAT a pay raise!

Here is a link http://veterans.sena...95-607668af18fb to a relatively short discussion of QOL Issues.