VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Vegas Police: Officer Fired 7 Shots With Ar-15 In Fatal Standoff With Unarmed Gulf War Vet

Rate this question

sleeper692

Question

Vegas police: Officer fired 7 shots with AR-15 in fatal standoff with unarmed Gulf War vet

I was in Las Vegas when this happened. It was very disturbing. The local news had many candid interviews with his wife who laid heavy blame on the VA for screwing with the guys meds and disability payments. Basically, he got caught in the system and the system chewed him up and spit him out when he needed them the most.

His wife explained that he was in the wrong apartment complex because he was confused and couldn't find his own apartment. This should have been an easy fix.

My heart goes out to his widow.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here is a link to a detailed follow-up article from the Las Vegas Review-Journal outlining this Gulf War Veteran's struggle with PTSD and his mistreatment by the VA:

Loved ones recall vet's struggle with PTSD

I've got to add one thing: Seven shots? From an AR-15? Really? Did this guy think he was shooting at Iron Man?

The chickenshit cop with the happy trigger finger should be up on murder charges.

Must be apart of VA policy to allow this to happen. Damn them. And what was the police thinking? Giving a AR-15 to a person that's does not understand the RAMIFICATION! My heart goes out to the family! God Bless

Bas**ard cop and VBA !

Now Carlie...blame the lack of Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) on that LVPD, not the individual cop.

Problem is across the nation, many PDs lack proper CIT training that includes dealing with veterans.