VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Ocd)

Rate this question

brentakar

Question

I was diagnosed with OCD while in the service.I have been seeing a doctor at the VA sice I been retired from the military.Is there a worksheet the examinations uses for OCD, and has anyone ever filed a claim for OCD.Please reply back.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Thank you for replying Pete53.I am service connected for OCD. I have been going to a doctor for over 5 years now .I am on meds, and have told my doctor that I cannot remember things well at well .She has noted it .I am going to put in for a claim but trying to see how the VA looks at this as far as theC&P is concerned. Please reply back.

• HadIt.com Elder

They will look at OCD and how it affects your life. If you cannot work you should get a full rating.

Good Luck to you.

• HadIt.com Elder

There are people who are completely disabled by their OCD. Many people have a little OCD, but some have very bad cases where they cannot get out of the house in the morning due to rituals they must do. Some OCD symptoms seem almost like a psychosis but the people with this severe OCD are not crazy.