Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Reviews

Rate this question

Papa

Question

At the moment I can not recall if I decided to have a DRO review or BVA, but I do not think that I have the capability to represent myself, so I do have a Law Firm representing me. Will I still have to do all the talking, or will my lawyer do the talking. No date has been set, but it makes me very nervous.

Papa

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Generally speaking, I think it's better for the veteran to do the talking.

If you have a hearing, whether DRO or BVA, it's likely that your lawyer will offer suggestions as how to answer the questions.

Answer the questions asked. Don't volunteer information. .

At the moment I can not recall if I decided to have a DRO review or BVA, but I do not think that I have the capability to represent myself, so I do have a Law Firm representing me. Will I still have to do all the talking, or will my lawyer do the talking. No date has been set, but it makes me very nervous.

Papa

Well you need to find out if you have a DRO, if not get that first then the BVA. most time a good DRO will grant you the claim faster at your RO.

You and your rep should be there. you may need to do some talking, but he should present your cases as to the points of the law and just what is wrong and why you should be granted your claim. It is his years of working theses types of claim that will win your claim.

Well you need to find out if you have a DRO, if not get that first then the BVA.

most time a good DRO will grant you the claim faster at your RO.

You and your rep should be there. you may need to do some talking,

but he should present your cases as to the points of the law and just what is wrong and why you should be granted your claim.

It is his years of working theses types of claim that will win your claim.

A good DRO that actually meets their responsibility's will take the time required

to review the prior denial (or whatever the issues are) factor in and consider all

evidence of record, request any additional medical test that might need to be scheduled.

A good DRO will ask specific questions to clarify or help resolve any prior negative findings,

or conclusions.

A good DRO will correctly apply the laws and regs to the evidence of record for just adjudication.

Claims are won by having probable and credible evidence of record, that meets the requirements

and criteria of the laws and regs.

JMHO

Hello Carlie,

I really like what you posted and wish I could have found a good DRO. It seems that some of the RO's have good DROs. Houston has been rated for a number of years as being the worst Regional Office in the group of 57.

I was really hoping that the DRO I had would have caught the record , but they failed. Yes they did rated me at 30 percent COPD and Restricted Lung disease but the Progress reports from June 23 , 2010 and the Fee Basis Cardio Doctor show that the Pulmonary Hypertension is there and undeniable.

According to the Diagnostic code of 6604 , Pulmonary Hypertension is 100 Percent P and T. I hope to get a good DRO and not complaining about what they did find , but they did miss alot also.

I think that smaller RO s will also have better DROS who are not worked at hard as others.

I don't know what to think at this point but I can say the IHD, HYPERTENSION and PN are going to the BVA because of the failure to see AO in the evidence and the DRO copied and pasted the denial from the first one and did it again on the IHD and PN on the NOD .

Do you have any thoughts on this problem? As always I will NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless. C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• HadIt.com Elder

I would like to find a DRO that would grant a CUE even if it cost the VA 40 years of retro at the 100% rate.

John