Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question For The Married P&t 100%

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Well here goes. I cannot beleive I am dealing with this I just got great news 1st of the month I got 100% P&T Here is todays crisis going on way too much drama my wife who has insurance through here work she is able to continue working full time but wants to know if she happened to up and quit her job how long would it take to get her insurance. I told her that I was told she could nolt be carried by both insurance companies at the same time.

Thanks just trying to get an answer to anyone else who had ran into this. I want her to keep on working while she can, We have another couple we know who are seperated for 5 years now and both of them get along better than they did the whole time they were married, The wife is like me Service connected P&T 100% the husband and her get along great he has his civillian retirement and they decided to share the insurance issue and it worked for him and her. I am not spliting up or anything I just throw that couple in as an example of how much insurance means to some people. I thank you for any advice, I am just really tired tonight have a good evening

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You told her wrong.

In case of another insurance, ChampVA assumes secondary status including medicare. She will have no co payments. Champ VA is free and it is her insurance benefit.

You have 18 months from the award date to file for her copays she has paid back to your effective date.

How could you be so far off on this one. She can work and still have champ VA.

BAsser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Thanks J We went to the local VA office and the lady said state law required her employer to be her primary Insurance that was where I went off the tracks. I will have to find another source of information other than the local VA Office. I should have known they would be wrong the local office person told me 3 years ago my SC back issues were as high as they were going to be @ 40%. Looking back I should have never went to my local county office anyway. Again Thanks Jay I knew for myself of all the county tax and medical copays but never knew about the whole family stuff I never thought we would make it to P&T. It is easy to be wrong when you do not go to the right source.

Is there a pamplet or book that lays it out? I will poke around myself as well.

Call the CHAMPVA office @ 800-733-8387 and use the automated system to order a CHAMPVA booklet/manual. The CHAMPVA website is also very informative:

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/champva.asp

"It is a terrible thing, when you lose your train of thought and you only have a one track mind"... Me

96C2P/96F2P (old MOS designations)

97E2P/37F2P (new MOS designations)