VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo & Dr Bash

Rate this question

TexasCop

Question

Hello everyone, just wanted to share something I learn about Dr Bash today i got a call from him about I need an medical

opinion to help establish an early effective date of IU and that he can help with this for a lot less than the what the attorney

is charging if we win about 45 grand different. He even said he & his assistant would represent me at hearing & BVA if necessary no

extra charge. He is really a nice guy my first time speaking with him took about an hour. He says I don't need a lawyer he will help me

with everything the IMO & be at hearing he and his assistant must be an advocate. I have read good and bad but I was impress with

him he also email me some of his opinions he has written looks good. Question? for those who have use him were you satisfied with his

work & do you think he can help me ?. One more can you drop an attorney and will you have to pay him anything? Thanks a lot

Philgrenier:

Do you know what he charges these days for a regular IMO? I've heard various other prices over the years but am not sure what his current rates are. I'm in the Seattle Area and would like to find someone closer to home if possible? On the other hand, Dr B has the reputation for getting results.

Rootbeer,

It depends on the complexity of the case. My wife's claim isn't complex. She entered active duty healthy, she deployed, she left unhealthy. We had a very bad CVSO who really has no business representing Veterans which Dr Bash pointed out. (Mille lacs county/ his name is Mike)

I hired John Dorley as well. He handles the VSO side of things and works closely with Dr. Bash.

I asked John that exact question and he has seen him charge 20k for a claim.

Philgrenier:

I'm not sure about the outcome of my claim but I just wanted to be very prepared in case I needed to have an IMO? From what I've read Dr Bash is one of the best in the country. I was thinking around 2K but this is much higher than I thought but I can see where the case complexity dictates the costs of the work? Also, I hear that he is very busy and supply and demand are an issue as well. It's tough to find experts that also understand the disability system as well as the lingo that goes along with stating ones case. I have solid evidence and a lot of it but I'm learng that that it is no gurantee at this point. I guess when I get to that point I can lay the facts out to Dr Bash and see where it goes from there. I dropped my VSO because the one that I had was more of an intacke "clerk" and was not aware of what was going on with my case at all. I don't think it's fair to lead Vets to believe that someone can do a job that's as important as a VSO, but is not trained to do the job?

Edited by rootbeer22

Root, if Bash isn't an option and you have strong medical evidence already, you might want to check John Dorle. He is Dr. Bash's right hand man. He is out of Woodbury MN and handles the VSO side of things. He charges 1300.00 but he is solid and will rep you well.

• HadIt.com Elder

The reason I ask this is the fact that is against the law for a veteran to be charged unless there is a fee agreement in the appeals process.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use