Rate this question

broncovet

Question

• Answers 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks for weighing in on this, Ask Nod. He is the online expert on hepatitis having written a book on it. If you are not sure, get tested for hep. The earlier you get treatment for it the better the prognosis. If you do test positive for the malady, then you can start figuring out whether it was caused in service or not. Ask nod can help there. One thing is that Hep C progresses at a known speed. In other words, the doc can tell if it was likely your hep c was caused from service based on the the progression of the disease and relating that to how long ago you were in service, as well as some other known risk factors such as unprotected sex, sharing razors, handling blood, jetguns, tatoo's, self injecting drugs, etc.

Hello Bronco,

That brings back some memories . Looks like the one I got my innoculations with at Fort Polk 71 in the line up and get your shots boys. Including the Black Plague shot which made everyone sick for 2 days. Whole company off for 24 hours. I will never forget that. Brought back some memories. NEVER GIVE UP . God Bless. C.C.

I was also at fort polk in 71, taking infantry ait.... that placed sucked... but I do have some fine memories.. but to the shots, I remember getting them in both arms as the same time.. the va has asked me if I want to test for Hep.. but I figure I have enough medical problems to worry about, don't want to know if I have other problems so I was never tested....but I really doubt that I have Hep anyway.....

Edited by Teac

I was in GREAT LAKES ILL NAVY BOOT CAMP in APRIL of 1964 and they used those guns on us and both arms were bleeding.

I also got that shot where they give you 24 hrs to get over it ,i have never been so sore in my life

It is a wonder that we did not get more diseases

Edited by doogie

I remember them being used at Lackland in '64, we went down a line getting them in both arms

Rick

Yes I had these done in both arms in 1968 at Lackland too. Same way we all walked down the aisle and got it on the right and left arms...

1981, Fort Lost In The Woods, Misery. Both arms from both sides. Then out to the parade field for arm raises and push-ups, for the afternoon. The 12B in front of me jumped and had about a 1/2 inch cut on his shoulder. I learned quick and didn't move a muscle.

What I really want to know is what the little white pill they gave us was. They told us it would prevent us from getting a cold. Didn't think they have a cure for that, however, knowone got a cold when I was there.

Then again, it could have been saltpeter....

Hamslice

“There is no hook my friend. There's only what we do.”  Doc Holiday