Ask Your VA Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

C&p Exams Completed Here Are The C&p Results, What Are The Odds Of Being Increased. Please Respond

Rate this question

porter74

Question

Here are my current ratings:

Sleep Apnea 50%
Menieres Disease 30%
Degenerative Arthritis Cervical Spine 20%
Tinnitus Recurring 10%
Carpal Tunnel Right 10%
Carpal Tunnel left 10%
Right Knee Patellofemoral with degenerative arthritis 10%
Left lower extremity radioculopathy with L4L5S1S2S3 sciatic nerve involvement and IVDS of the lumbar spine 10%
Left Knee instability 10%
Right Knee patellofemoral pain syndrome with degenerative arthritis 10%
Degenerative arthritis of the Lumbar spine 10%
Left knee pattellofemoral syndrome with degenerative arthritis 10%

The C&P that I attended April 5 and 6 were a Gen Med and Hearing C&P

I am attempting to gain an increase on the following items:

Menieres Disease 30% 1-2 Vertigo attacks per week, hearing loss
Degenerative Arthritis Cervical Spine 20%
Carpal Tunnel Right 10%
Carpal Tunnel left 10%

Here are the results for the C&P in the areas I requested an increase:

Meniere's Disease: Current Rating 30%

The examiner found that patient has diminished hearing and tinnitus with direct effect on balance, vertigo 2-3 times per week, disequilibrium and nausea with vertigo and staggering gait.

Final Diagnosis progression of his service connected diagnosis as the vertigo component of the Meniere's disease has increased in frequency. Diagnosis remains the same and progression has occurred.

Sinusitis/Rhinitis: Service Connected 0% Current Rating

Non-Capacitating Episodes in Past 12 Months 4

Final Diagnosis is a progression of the current service connected diagnosis due to sinusitis with headaches and allergic rhinitis.

Peripheral Nerve Conditions

Does the veteran's peripheral nerve condition and/or peripheral neuropathy impact his or her ability to work: Yes
Symptoms limit his ability to perform repetitive motions that aggravate his condition Ability to perform fine motor tasks is diminished due to his symptoms.

All nerves were evaluated. Final diagnosis is a progression of the current service connected diagnosis due to increase in pain and paresthesias and recent onset of stiffness of radial wrist/hand as well as decreased dexterity and ability to perform repetitive tasks using first 2 digits of either hand.

Wrist Condition: Carpal Tunnel 10% Service connected Right and Left Hand
ROM Measurements:

Right Wrist palmar flexion; Normal Endpoint: 80 degrees. Endpoint: 45 Degrees
Painful motion begins: 45
Right wrist dorsiflexion Endpoint 70degrees. My endpoint was 40 degrees
No evidence of painful motion.

Left wrist palmar flexion: Normal Endpoint 80 degrees My endpoint 60 degrees
Painful motion at 60 degrees.
left wrist dorsiflexion. Normal endpoint 70 degrees, My endpoint 55 degrees
Repetitive Motion after Repetitive Motion Testing:

Right Wrist post test ROM:
Palmar Flexion: 40 Degrees
Right wrist dorsiflexion 35 degrees

Left wrist post test ROM:
Palmar Flexion: 55 Degrees
Left wrist dorsiflexion. 55 degrees
Final diagnosis is a progression of the original service connected diagnosis due to increase in pain and paresthesias and onset of stiffness of radial hand/wrist. Decreased dexterity in both hands.

Neck Cervical Spine Conditions. Current rating 20% Degenerative arthritis.

Initial ROM:

Forward flexion 30 degrees.
Painful motion 20 degrees.
Extension ends: 30
'Evidence painful motion 20 degrees.
Right Lateral flexion: 35 degrees.
Left lateral flexion: 35 degrees.
Right lateral rotation ends 30 degrees.
painful motion 30 degrees.
Left lateral rotation ends: 35 degrees
Painful motion 35 degrees

ROM after Repetitive Testing:

Post test results:
Forward flexion 25 degrees.
Extension ends: 30 degrees
Right Lateral flexion: 35 degrees.
Left lateral flexion: 35 degrees.
Right lateral rotation ends 40 degrees.
Left lateral rotation ends: 35 degrees
Final diagnosis is a progression of the current service connected diagnosis due to degenerative arthritis of the cervical spine with radiculopathy and bilateral radicular nerve group involvement. There is severity of pain as well as radicular pain down upper arms bilaterally. Demonstrates decreased ROM.

Foot Service Connected 0%

Final diagnosis is a progression of the current service connected diagnosis due to plantar bilateral fasciitis and mild bilateral hammertoes. Plantar fasciitis has worsened in severity of pain in bilateral feet. he had tenderness on palpitation which was absent during prior evaluation, limits functional capacity at work with respect to the time he is able to spend doing weight bearing activities.

Ankle (Claimed as secondary to Foot)
Initial ROM:
Right ankle plantar flexion: Normal Endpoint 45 degrees
35 degrees
Right ankle dorsiflexion; Normal Endpoint: 20 degrees
20 degrees
Left ankle plantar flexion: Normal endpoint: 45 degrees
30 degrees
Left ankle plantar dorsiflexion: Normal Endpoint: 20 degrees
15 degrees
ROM After Repetitive Testing:
Right ankle plantar flexion: Normal Endpoint 45 degrees
35 degrees
Right ankle dorsiflexion;
20 degrees
Left ankle plantar flexion: Normal endpoint: 45 degrees
30 degrees
Left ankle plantar dorsiflexion: Normal Endpoint: 20 degrees
20 degrees

What are the possibilities of these service connected conditions being increased as a result of these C&P results.

Thank you

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have not requested TDIU, nor have I applied for SSDI. I was hoping that I would be able to get to 100% before continuing on that route. I am also Type 2 Diabetic that the VA says is not service connected and I have hypothyroidism. I was wondering of I should open a new claim. Since I have Central and Obstructive Sleep Apnea, would diabetes, hypothyroidism, anxiety, insomnia, ED, obesity and other issues be secondary to the sleep apnea and what would I have to do to get these claims added

I have not requested TDIU, nor have I applied for SSDI. I was hoping that I would be able to get to 100% before continuing on that route. I am also Type 2 Diabetic that the VA says is not service connected and I have hypothyroidism. I was wondering of I should open a new claim. Since I have Central and Obstructive Sleep Apnea, would diabetes, hypothyroidism, anxiety, insomnia, ED, obesity and other issues be secondary to the sleep apnea and what would I have to do to get these claims added

Thats sure a whole lot to throw against the wall to see if a doc would write

a medical opinion on and support with full medical rationale.

To get them all added, just submit the issue's on a claim.

Good luck.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

I truly believe that each veteran should receive what they are entitled to! When I see posts like the one made by porter74, I just get really pissed! veterans with legit claims have been waiting years to receive an answer from an organization that sometimes you just have to ask if they have the veterans best interests at hand.. It's comments like this that will generate BS claims to an already backlogged VA. Carlie, said it spot on "That's sure a whole lot to throw against the wall to see if a doc would write a medical opinion on and support with full medical rationale". I agree whole heartedly, that's alto to throw against the wall and see what sticks.. Pathetic!

My question is this, why do veterans believe that they all (or most, not all) deserve 100% I'm working a claim for a retired Colonel who is a GS-13, working at the HRC, Fort Knox, KY and he keeps submitting claim after claim. His comments, "I'm going to keep on until I get my 100% from VA", They owe me, I hear that so many times a day. many of the vets I work with, yes the VA does owe them, but it's those like this that really makes me want to puke!!!!!

I truly believe that each veteran should receive what they are entitled to! When I see posts like the one made by porter74, I just get really pissed! veterans with legit claims have been waiting years to receive an answer from an organization that sometimes you just have to ask if they have the veterans best interests at hand.. It's comments like this that will generate BS claims to an already backlogged VA. Carlie, said it spot on "That's sure a whole lot to throw against the wall to see if a doc would write a medical opinion on and support with full medical rationale". I agree whole heartedly, that's alto to throw against the wall and see what sticks.. Pathetic!

My question is this, why do veterans believe that they all (or most, not all) deserve 100% I'm working a claim for a retired Colonel who is a GS-13, working at the HRC, Fort Knox, KY and he keeps submitting claim after claim. His comments, "I'm going to keep on until I get my 100% from VA", They owe me, I hear that so many times a day. many of the vets I work with, yes the VA does owe them, but it's those like this that really makes me want to puke!!!!!

Really????

First of all, I don't file claims just to file claims, all of my medical issues are legitimate and I wait in line just like every one else has. I served for 26 years and ate my fair share of crap along the way. I asked a general question and I can assure you that my life does not revolve around Hadit or Yuku. Forgive me for asking for an opinion about my current claim. Maybe if you had ate sand in Iraq or Afghanistan like I have you might grow up a bit and answer a simple question without being a First Class jerk.

Regards,

Rick Porter

Really????

First of all, I don't file claims just to file claims, all of my medical issues are legitimate and I wait in line just like every one else has. I served for 26 years and ate my fair share of crap along the way. I asked a general question and I can assure you that my life does not revolve around Hadit or Yuku. Forgive me for asking for an opinion about my current claim. Maybe if you had ate sand in Iraq or Afghanistan like I have you might grow up a bit and answer a simple question without being a First Class jerk.

Regards,

Rick Porter

Oh and you really do need to go puke, or maybe find a new way to make a living. Most unprofessional member of Hadit. Don't worry, I have my answers at this point and I sure as heck do not care for your low life opinion of veterans.