VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

$63,000 In Retro (No Bbe Yet)

Rate this topic

tonio

Congratulations. I have been there and know what a relief to finally know its over. How do you spell relief?

It is spelled, "Sixty Three Thousdand dollar VA deposit".

Broncovet I have covered the spectrum from A-Z with my military service to having the best time of my life to feeling like the same military abandoned me so in this sense relief is having that internal feeling of acceptance & belonging once again ( Self Worth ) more so than money but in this day & age every dollar counts. I am very Blessed but in that sense we all are because we are still here fighting for the Benefits we deserve .... Amen ? Amen !!!

GREAT NEWS !

Spend that 63 K retro - a bit slowly and very, very wisely,

it doesn't happen often - enjoy a little something too !

Also, be sure to check out ALL benefits now available to you

and your family to include STATE benefits.

Congrats on positive adjudication, now try to stay healthy !

Carlie forgive me for not mentioning you in the beginning because there are so many posts that I recall you being the original poster that I would read over & over to better understand the VA Jargon & Navigating said waters so a heartfelt Thank You to you also !!!! The one thing I've learned from being a homeless vet once in my life is there's no place like home so when I was able to get some positive adjudication I purchased a home in 2010 never again to have that fear of sleeping on the streets. This is all a bit overwhelming but I am a one day at a time type person now so I will go slow & steady in moving forward in this process. Some of those state benefits I've been taking advantage of even tho I wasn't 100% on paper is the taxes on property (home & car ) I am sure by the end of the day I will have a question or two but I will try to use the search feature on here I promise LOL. happy.png

Yes, Yes, Yes, tonio. I am so HAPPY that you finally received your 100%, but, P&T, dang brother you got it all. Thank you Jesus for giving my friend his well over due benefits.

Now, join the club, and enjoy your well deserved retirement with your family.

I am so happy for you my friend.

God Bless, and live healthy so you can enjoy as much as you can.

Oh tonio, go and get your DV license plate. I went to DMV last week, and they ordered it. They said it would take like 90 days for me to receive it.

Aggie

Edited by aggie54

@ Berta: like you always said before "Knowledge is Power" it would be foolish of me to walk away from this now. Besides this place grows on you & I check in here everyday just to see if someone else has had a miracle in their lives because this site has brought me so much Joy in just seeing others like myself finally get some positive adjudication.... What an Amazing collection of people & Website. wub.png

@ Motherof3: They did a major "upgrade" on eBenefits on saturday & ever since I have not been able to access certain parts of the website as well. For instance I login right now and it still shows my claim in Phase 1 lol so it will take some time so please be patient & don't allow the frustration get to your mental & spiritual, Ok ? I always go to the www.va.gov website and on the top right click contact us & then click ask a question or go here https://iris.custhelp.com Thank you for that because that's what I shouted to the Lord himself when I was able to grasp what blessings had bestowed upon me & my family..... Being a product of Tennessee myself I will tell you to hang in there & know your blessing is right around the corner. P.U.S.H = Pray Until Something Happens smile.png

@Carlie: I wasn't sure about the Dental but I had heard this was possible. Do you think that would cover me for an implant which my current dentist recommends ? ph34r.png

@aggie54: My friend I have sat quietly in good times & bad with my severe bouts with depression but honestly seeing your win ( along with others ) recently actually made me feel so much better about my own situation and it's a day or so after reading about your success that I got my own BBE asking if I had anymore information to provide & that a decision was coming shortly ( Do you remember lol ) Nevertheless your constant positive attitude & advice is what has helped me through so for that I owe you a Thank You !!!

@Vync, Vet12, #1cavtrooper, Kimmy & Computer Tech Thank you all for the kind words I truly do appreciate your words today !!!! wub.png

Edited by tonio

• HadIt.com Elder

Tonio I don't know about implants they do make bridges and dentures, I got a new set of dentures from the VA dentist about 3 years ago, I don't know how much you know about the quality of dentures but at the civilian places there are basically 3 grades of dentures 600 (cheapest makes you look like you have a softball shoved in your mouth) 800 ( okay but still not quality) 1400 (nicest dentures I have ever seen The dentures the VA doc made for me are the 1400 quality if I had to pay for them from a civilian place

Remember this is probably the last time you will ever see a LARGE amount of money like this, when it is gone it will be gone, do not let friends or relatives talk you out of it, I bought 2 15,000 dollar CDs I used another 30,000 for a down payment on a home, and 3 thousand for a down payment on new car this was back in 2006 we took a couple of trips, so we didn't just sit on all of it we had some fun and put some to good use and we still have a nice "rainy day fund" I made a packet up for my wife that tells her what formsafter I die and where they go so after I die she can file her DIC claim and apply for her portion of my SSD, I have seen where some spouses have a real hard time when a vet passes and she doesn't have a clue on what to do, help her out and put it all together with the insurance paperwork etc how many copies of the death certificate she will need and hopefully she will have enough in the bank after that day happens so she doesn't have the utilities cut off, or the house repossessed, I have seen some of these widows fight with the VAROs for more than a year.

I know some of the things I said were downers but hopefully you want your spouse taken care of when you will no longer be here to do it. Congrats on the 100% P&T check with your state and see what benefits are available to you and your family due to your new status some states have great benefits for 100% vets and then again some have very little.

Congrats !!! I know you have a great calmness over you now!!!

I pray that I receive good news but I didn't receive the magical call and my appeal closed out on 6/13

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use