Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

$63,000 In Retro (No Bbe Yet)

Rate this topic

tonio

It's been a very long wait for myself personally but I am so thankful to TBird for starting hadit & Pete53, Berta & the countless others of members whom make up the knowledge base in which we thrive to combat the injustice we face as veterans. I've been so skittish about this even now posting an update to you all as if it were going to reverse my decision lol & then I remembered wait your always thanking everyone for sharing & their service so be that same person in this situation.

Wednesday afternoon I was sitting home with the kids right after breakfast I got a call on my iPhone it said on the screen Dept of VA as the 800# is saved as a contact I talked to a nice older gentleman whom asked if I was sitting down I said yes sir, he says I'm calling about your iris inquiry made on 6/5/13 (eBenefits showed special correspondence / claim closed all this after my congressman got involved ) he said well I show that your claim is closed.

He pulled up my account & basically said that's all I can tell you & congrats however you will be getting a letter in the mail next week, so I asked should I be checking my bank account on the sly & he says I'm not at liberty to discuss things on that accord but if it were me I most def would he said. From there I knew in the next 24-48 hours my bank account would see a significant & much needed boost. I went out onto my porch & looked up to the clouds I thanked God & I thanked my mom both for keeping me mentally strong even with my body breaking down.

Needless to say Saturday morning came & (2 am) there it was the infamous retro payment. So I logged into eBenefits I check my AB8 & AB3 letters along with my Deers 1172 ID application All updated to reflect 100% which read permanent & total there are no future exams. I don't know my EED (earliest effective date) yet my contentions were ED & TDIU. Needless to say I just wanted to extend my heartfelt best wishes to all of my hadit friends & family to keep the faith & thank everyone for keeping me emotionally a float when my spirits were so low. God bless you all !! Thanks again Dr.Bash for the awesome IMO (2009) that closed this out properly in my favor.

Edited by tonio

Congratulations. I have been there and know what a relief to finally know its over. How do you spell relief?

It is spelled, "Sixty Three Thousdand dollar VA deposit".

It's been a very long wait for myself personally but I am so thankful to TBird for starting hadit & Pete53, Berta & the countless others of members whom make up the knowledge base in which we thrive to combat the injustice we face as veterans. I've been so skittish I even posting as if it were going to reverse my decision lol & then I remembered wait your always thanking everyone for sharing & their service so be that same person in this situation.

Wednesday afternoon I was sitting home with the kids right after breakfast I got a call on my iPhone it said on the screen Dept of VA as the 800# is saved as a contact I talked to a nice older gentleman whom asked if I was sitting down I said yes sir, he says I'm calling about your iris inquiry made on 6/5/13 (eBenefits showed special correspondence / claim closed all this after my congressman got involved ) he said well I show that your claim is closed.

He pulled up my account & basically said that's all I can tell you & congrats however you will be getting a letter in the mail next week, so I asked should I be checking my bank account on the sly & he says I'm not at liberty to discuss things on that accord but if it were me I most def would he said. From there I knew in the next 24-48 hours my bank account would see a significant & much needed boost. I went out onto my porch & looked up to the clouds I thanked God & I thanked my mom both for keeping me mentally strong even with my body breaking down.

Needless to say Saturday morning came & (2 am) there it was the infamous retro payment. So I logged into eBenefits I check my AB8 & AB3 letters along with my Deers 1172 ID application All updated to reflect 100% which read permanent & total there are no future exams. I don't know my EED (earliest effective date) yet my contentions were ED & TDIU. Needless to say I just wanted to extend my heartfelt best wishes to all of my hadit friends & family to keep the faith & thank everyone for keeping me emotionally a float when my spirits were so low. God bless you all !! Thanks again Dr.Bash for the awesome IMO (2009) that closed this out properly in my favor.

GREAT NEWS !

Spend that 63 K retro - a bit slowly and very, very wisely,

it doesn't happen often - enjoy a little something too !

Also, be sure to check out ALL benefits now available to you

and your family to include STATE benefits.

Congrats on positive adjudication, now try to stay healthy !

WOW Tonio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is encouraging news for all who are waiting!

Please stay with us here, as ,when we gain a victory like this,it means we have gained a lot of knowledge and the Motto of Hadit is

“Knowledge is Power”.

This is wonderful news.

The spouse and children should be eligible for CHAMPVA (CHAMPVA can be applied for on line at :

http://www.va.gov/hac/forbeneficiaries/champva/champva.asp)

and the kids might be eligible for DEA ( Chapter 35 Educational Benefits) .

I am glad you gave credit to Dr. Bash as., although IMOs are expensive, sometimes they are the only way to gain a proper award.

HALLELUJAH JESUS. My hope is strengthened. I am so happy for you. I was just about to vent about my eBenefits showing "Claim information not available at this time" again. I really need a breakthrough Lord.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use