Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

$63,000 In Retro (No Bbe Yet)

Rate this topic

tonio

Tonio I don't know about implants they do make bridges and dentures, I got a new set of dentures from the VA dentist about 3 years ago, I don't know how much you know about the quality of dentures but at the civilian places there are basically 3 grades of dentures 600 (cheapest makes you look like you have a softball shoved in your mouth) 800 ( okay but still not quality) 1400 (nicest dentures I have ever seen The dentures the VA doc made for me are the 1400 quality if I had to pay for them from a civilian place

Remember this is probably the last time you will ever see a LARGE amount of money like this, when it is gone it will be gone, do not let friends or relatives talk you out of it, I bought 2 15,000 dollar CDs I used another 30,000 for a down payment on a home, and 3 thousand for a down payment on new car this was back in 2006 we took a couple of trips, so we didn't just sit on all of it we had some fun and put some to good use and we still have a nice "rainy day fund" I made a packet up for my wife that tells her what formsafter I die and where they go so after I die she can file her DIC claim and apply for her portion of my SSD, I have seen where some spouses have a real hard time when a vet passes and she doesn't have a clue on what to do, help her out and put it all together with the insurance paperwork etc how many copies of the death certificate she will need and hopefully she will have enough in the bank after that day happens so she doesn't have the utilities cut off, or the house repossessed, I have seen some of these widows fight with the VAROs for more than a year.

I know some of the things I said were downers but hopefully you want your spouse taken care of when you will no longer be here to do it. Congrats on the 100% P&T check with your state and see what benefits are available to you and your family due to your new status some states have great benefits for 100% vets and then again some have very little.

Testvet thank you for that for sure & I know that this is probably the final adjudication I will see moving forward since I won't have any other claims to push for at this point. Honestly I have no plans on any grand purchases at this point in my life I have been truly blessed to see this happen as the Lord meant for it to happen.Thank you for the advice on the DIC but as I am not married yet I will ensure to save this golden nugget of information in my iPhone so when I am blessed on that accord I will be sure to have that included for her. So much knowledge & So much love Hadit family I truly appreciate it smile.png

wub.png The postman just ran I have a feeling the BBE ( Big Brown Envelope ) is in the box I will update in moments ph34r.png

I sure do remember my friend :-) I knew you were up next to bat with the VA.

Thank God you hit a HOME RUN, Lol...

Take care my friend, and once again enjoy your life and try not to let your disabilities control your happiness.

Aggie

Edited by aggie54

Congrats !!! I know you have a great calmness over you now!!!

I pray that I receive good news but I didn't receive the magical call and my appeal closed out on 6/13

As a former Georgia resident in Atlanta (Morrow) I will say thank you but I think since that Veteran killed himself in the Atlanta VARO last month they have been under a lot more pressure to close out claims. I bet you in the next 5-7 days I will be congratulating you as well on your victory Demeat @!!

Congratulations. A well deserved victory on this non forgiving battleground. Keep strong best wishes and good health.

So the P&T is in the final award as you said it would be, I also got a pamphlet for DEA ( Dependents' Educational Assistance Program ) that you mentioned for the kids. Along with that it states The health administration center in Denver, CO administers the CHAMPVA program ?? I would assume I need to get my kids their dependant ID cards also that the VGLI ( Veteran Group Life Insurance ) is something I need to apply for now ? Can anyone tell me about the yearly form that we must send into the VA in order to stop them from reducing our benefits ?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use