Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

$63,000 In Retro (No Bbe Yet)

Rate this topic

tonio

I just left the military base & I have my ID it only took 5 minutes I was already in the "Deers" system and in the DOD Database system. My fingerprints were in there as well. Good to know those records weren't lost lol. I had to share I pray you all have a blessed day. smile.pnghappy.png

Tonio, it sure does feel good to have your ID in your hands, doesn't it! I am glad you got that taken care of. We lived 2 hours away from a base, so when we went to get our cards 2 years ago, we just went to the National Guard Armory and got our IDs. It took us longer to drive there than it did to get the cards printed up.

I am so glad that things are looking up for you and you know that God is so good and watching over you!

God Bless!

Celia

@Bob K Thank you but I owe my success to hadit & it's members even before I joined I was a longtime lurker lol. But knowledge is power once I accepted that fact I was well on my way. I've said before there's no way on Gods green earth a veteran should be homeless but once faced with that reality true friends & family did reveal themselves.

@mrsrockman honestly it feels good to have it back in my hands, it's funny how a piece of plastic can restore certain things you didn't know were even missing (does that make sense ?) yes Celia things are coming full circle. Patience isn't something I was born with but have learned along this journey. I thank you for always uplifting as only you can that's for sure !!

Tonio, This was a great read today. I needed to read another veteran was awarded his true earning. With all of your health problems and if mental too you will be able to have some breathing room now. The problems will remain, but some of the stressors eliminated with not having to worry about how you will take care of your family and responsibilities. Glad you can breathe a little easier now. Congrats and make them pay by living a long long life!

@Halos2 Thank you I am just trying to share with my fellow members here because there have been many days (mostly nights) where I only found solace here at hadit. Reading others plights and fights with the VA helped me (cope) survive my own troubles. Believe it or not money doesn't solve the pain it's just a masking agent you know ? I would give it back to be healthy again. But I do plan on living for as long as possible that's why I am here now at almost 2 am not able to sleep so I once again am coping by reading my favorite website lol. Have a wonderful morning. Thank you again. smile.png

Anyone know the difference between S-DVI & VGLI ?? I saw these in my award packet & there in lies the confusion ....... blink.png

Tonio, don't take this to the bank, but S-DVI is insurance for Veterans with service-connected disabilities. You can apply within 2 years of the date that VA granted your new service-connected disability.

The VGLI is a life insurance program that allows you to convert your full time SGLI coverage to a renewable term life insurance.

You can go on to VA's web site and it will give you all of the details. I just googled it and it tool me to VA's site. Just bear in mind that I have never been in the service and I hope that

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use